Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: " You just have to walk away from Stupid" advise from a druken client
- (Added by: jakejusa)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Materials and Supplies Links

Message Subject: Materials and Supplies Links
heckster
Posted 9/19/2009 9:49 PM (#400845 - in reply to #359425)
Subject: RE: Materials and Supplies Links

Dick Moore gets my nod. He has had every "batard PART" that i needed and
plenty of whatever I needed. Great Guy!
Tempus_Fugit_63
Posted 3/12/2010 5:31 PM (#428551 - in reply to #360108)

2nd vote for Reinke's. I have been going there for 30 years. I live in Duluth now, but I still stop there when I am in MKE.

Beaver - 2/11/2009 11:16 AM

My "neighborhood shop" is Reinke Brothers in Milwaukee.
jakejusa
Posted 4/24/2010 8:06 AM (#437157 - in reply to #359367)

The list idea is great! Add: [email protected] ; hagensfish.com ;jannsnetcraft.com ; grizzly.com ; crawfordtool.com.
pamuskyhunter
Posted 5/5/2010 7:48 PM (#439318 - in reply to #359367)
Subject: Re: Materials and Supplies Links

Anyone know where i can get plastic like that is in the flambeau maximizer to make my own hanging tackle box?
jakejusa
Posted 11/4/2010 11:50 AM (#465565 - in reply to #359367)

Lurecraft still has some stuff that is not listed below too. Anyone up to make a listing of all those listed and their websites? That would be a handy list to have around.
( that's right...my wife says I'm an idea man...that's my job, helping around the house, not so good, but ideas on how it should be done...spot on)
dietmar
Posted 3/13/2011 9:14 AM (#486733 - in reply to #359367)

Hello,

if you are searching for stainless spring wire ask a company who produce springs. Here in Germany are some spring manufacturer who offer spring wire in coils or straighten.

Tight lines, Dietmar
sker_fishr
Posted 4/26/2011 12:27 PM (#495210 - in reply to #359367)

www.luremaking.com has quite a few odds and ends along with some how tos for beginners. They are canadian.
kodiak
Posted 10/20/2011 2:21 PM (#521430 - in reply to #359367)

Chicagoairbrushsupply. Com
Muskiemetal
Posted 11/22/2011 4:12 PM (#525647 - in reply to #359367)

Reinke has a new website up and going for ordering....

http://shop.reinkebro.com/main.sc

ShutUpNFish
Posted 2/23/2012 11:07 AM (#540838 - in reply to #359367)

Hey guys...I'm looking for a good online resource to attain good mesh netting for scaling on lures....Do any of you kind fellows have a good reliable resource? I'm looking for the nice soft polyester netting.

Thanks!!
Vince Weirick
Posted 3/9/2012 12:59 AM (#544760 - in reply to #359367)

Anyone have a type of wood filler used after placing weights into a wood body lure?
musky chimes
Posted 4/2/2012 2:31 AM (#550076 - in reply to #359803)

lure parts online.com has .062 wire with a looped end pre straightened in 15 inch lengths also straight .062 by the foot and in bulk rolls . i like the ones with the pre-made loops because they come in 25 packs and their super reasonable and at 15 inches you dont have to loose any length making the loop yourself. They have every single thing you could think of and their the cheapest that ive found on thick wire . They have cheap components as well . clevises are almost free , they have a great selection of flashbeau and rubber as well as bucktail and feathers . Everything you need they have great place to buy hardware The best as far as im concerned they stand behind the products they carry and they ship fast and their prices are as cheap as their is on most things . also try ebay they have tons of lure parts listed at all times sometimes for pennies
musky chimes
Posted 4/2/2012 2:44 AM (#550077 - in reply to #540838)

yes i can get you mess netting by the truck load . i found a ton of it in three different patterns at a local army navy shop. Its a soft kinda olive jersey material and it is cheap . send me an email and i can get you the email of the place . Ive hooked people up through this guy before . [email protected]

Edited by musky chimes 4/2/2012 2:45 AM
osprey18
Posted 3/17/2013 8:14 AM (#627244 - in reply to #359367)

Mentioning harbor freight tools is an excellent choice for inexpensive tools. I even purchased a 6 color airbrush set from there. It works Great!
jfreborg
Posted 3/6/2014 4:52 PM (#696828 - in reply to #627244)

Wondering if anyone here can recommend a metal injection molding company (or an alternative that could fit the following description) with the ability to mold complex geometries and willing to accomodate small production runs of say 500 parts annually. I have been calling on several off of thomasnet.com but it is a list of 156 companies so I am hoping someone here may know of a small custom shop with advanced mold making capabilities willing to deal with small companies. Thanks Jeremy
eightweight
Posted 3/8/2014 5:59 AM (#697294 - in reply to #359367)

Thanks just what I was looking for I appreciate the post and the links , now off to another bad habit.
started tying flies 10 years ago and spent more on that than you can imagine now could be the start of another addiction!!!!!

gus_webb - 2/6/2009 4:09 PM

Hey folks!
I thought I'd try starting a thread for links for purchasing materials and supplies. I know sites like Stamina, Rollie and Helens, etc. are fairly well known, but I'm sure there are several others (both in and out of the traditional fishing supply world) that could be beneficial to both beginner and more experienced basement lure builders. So if you have a great resource for bucktail wire and don't mind sharing, or a nifty resource for lure eyes, or whatever, I know I'd appreciate it. And I imagine many others would, too.

So here's a start:

Stamina Lures (new site): http://lurepartsonline.com
Rollie and Helens: http://www.muskyshop.com
Barlow's Tackle: http://www.barlowstackle.com
Punisher Lures: http://www.punisherlures.com
Shipwreck Beads: http://www.shipwreckbeads.com/
(That one is really more of a crafty-beady place, but I got some great glass, metal and fiber optic beads from them at a pretty good price...)
Harbor Freight Tools: http://www.harborfreight.com/
(Amazingly reasonable tools... not always top of the line stuff, but great for a bench vice or a belt sander or whatever. I know that's not really a material or supply, but it's been handy for me, so I thought I'd share.)

That's about all I have bookmarked.
Thanks, everybody!

Musky 33
Posted 6/27/2015 1:13 AM (#774194 - in reply to #381016)

Enviro tex lite at ace hardware
esoxkid
Posted 10/9/2015 1:32 PM (#787937 - in reply to #371493)

Do you have any larger sized lexan lips with line ties? Or know where I can get some?
supertrollr
Posted 8/21/2018 4:49 PM (#916203 - in reply to #359367)

for paint to airbrush that lil shop is by far the one that threat me the best,they even take the time to make a video just for me just to help me because i was unable to use a airbrush normally ,they got all the colors from createx line up,autoair,wicked and their price is just unbeatable,yes ive paid everything ive got from them. just would like to share that place with you and btw they will beat any price if you can find a lower one but good luck
https://spraygunner.com/
i was sure that kind of sale service was just in the movie.seriously a vid just for me to make sure everything will be fine ,who couldn't be pleased ? enough romance
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)