Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Namekegon

Message Subject: Lake Namekegon
Pedro
Posted 5/11/2005 11:55 AM (#146517)
Subject: Lake Namekegon

Anyone ever fish this, it's in bayfield county Wisconsin. I was thinking of trying this out for the opener, maybe here or the Big Chip.

Is Nemekegon worth the time???? I checked Muskie INC records and it looks to hold some good size fish. Any info would be nice.

Thanks
Jeff
PFLesox
Posted 5/11/2005 9:15 PM (#146589 - in reply to #146517)
Subject: RE: Lake Namekegon

Shoot me an e-mail and I think I can point you in the right direction;
[email protected]
muskycore
Posted 5/11/2005 9:34 PM (#146595 - in reply to #146517)

Yes I fished it for five years and have some great memories of large fish being caught and lost. One of my best memories was a 50 plus muskie hitting my buddies northern as he faught the beast boat side we couldn't fit it in the net and it bent the net all the way down. The aggressive ski then hit it a second time as we collected ourselves leaving the shreded snake in the water boatside to catch our breath and it finally let go after playing it for a few more minutes. We called her the couch. After that I was hooked on pursuing this great beast.. I haven't fished it since the late 80's but there out there.
GL
Medford Fisher
Posted 5/11/2005 10:17 PM (#146608 - in reply to #146517)

Jeff, I've fished Namakagon a few times the past two years, probably 4 or 5. We've only boated 2 muskies, but both were very healthy and in the mid 40's. I've had one very nice follow...high 40's, and we've probably had 3 or 4 more follows, just smaller ones though. We've caughten many northern also, you can be throwing a 10" reef hawg and catch 4-5 20" northern. Most of our luck has come fishing over cabbage and patches of vegetation. I love to get up there and fish and even when we don't catch any it's always a nice body of water to be on. Make sure to dock and eat in at Garnish Bar/Restaurant...Great food and Great service!!! Ask them for some pictures of muskies caught and I'm sure you'll keep coming back for more.
Not a numbers lake by any means, but there are some very big fish in it.
Before you get on the water, I would suggest buying a lake map....big area of water and rather deep also.
Good Luck when you get up there. I'll be making a few trips this summer/fall.
-Jake
Big Perc
Posted 5/12/2005 10:38 AM (#146654 - in reply to #146608)

One of my dad's partners in his company has a cabin on the lake...I have fished it once about 6 years ago and caught 3 20-25 inch northerns...wasn't muskie fishing...my dad has fished it while being guided by Bruce Shumway and nailed a 34"-36" muskie...he has fished it two other times and had some follows from some rather large fish but no takers...we are trying to plan a time this fall to go up there for 3-4 days and see if we can get a fall fatty but who knows right now...looks like an awesome lake and would love to take advantage of this cabin more now that I am done with football and my falls are free...10 years of football taking up my falls...time to start fall muskie fishing...

Big Perc
Pedro
Posted 5/12/2005 11:01 AM (#146657 - in reply to #146517)

Thanks for the information I can't wait to give it a try. So many lakes to fish in Northern Wisconsin its hard to choose.

Jeff
cpr fish
Posted 6/1/2005 9:15 AM (#149252 - in reply to #146517)

Any reports from the opener? Water temps? Headed up this weekend.

Thanks!

Pedro
Posted 6/1/2005 11:30 AM (#149270 - in reply to #146517)

Did not make it to Namekegon, fished Grindstone and LCO. Water there was mid to upper 50's.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)