Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Chaos Tackle 8'11" XH SWAT

Message Subject: Chaos Tackle 8'11" XH SWAT
PennsylvaniaMuskie
Posted 3/22/2023 6:38 PM (#1019192)
Subject: Chaos Tackle 8'11" XH SWAT

I just found a used chaos tackle 8'11" XH SWAT that throws 3-10 oz. Before I buy it, I want to make sure I'll be able to throw the lures I want to. I'm looking to through some small to medium rubber (mini medussas, poseidon 10s, dyin dawg), some small to medium jerk and glide baits (6 and 7.5 inch phantom soft tails, 9 inch suicks), some larger crankbaits (around 9 inches) and some double 12 bucktails.

Chaos Tackle has a chart showing what lures to throw on what rod and the XH SWAT is rated to for small rubber and large glidebaits, but not for large crankbaits or bucktails. My concern is that even though the crankbait and dying dawg only weigh 6 ounces and the bucktails weigh 4 ounces, that I won't be able to work them properly. Is this rod going to be a good choice for me? I just want to make sure I'm getting the right kind of rod for what I want to throw.
Ronix
Posted 3/23/2023 10:17 AM (#1019203 - in reply to #1019192)
Subject: Re: Chaos Tackle 8'11" XH SWAT

Minus the 12s, that rod will handle all of those baits very well. It will pull the 12s fine but it will load up in the figure 8. Anything above 10s I prefer to go with the shock and awe.
PennsylvaniaMuskie
Posted 3/23/2023 10:32 AM (#1019205 - in reply to #1019203)
Subject: Re: Chaos Tackle 8'11" XH SWAT

Ronix - 3/23/2023 10:17 AM

Minus the 12s, that rod will handle all of those baits very well. It will pull the 12s fine but it will load up in the figure 8. Anything above 10s I prefer to go with the shock and awe.

Ok, thanks for the response. I was worried that a poseidon or dyin dawg would be considered large rubber and not be a good fit for this rod.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)