Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Abu revo beast vs Diawa Lexa

Message Subject: Abu revo beast vs Diawa Lexa
Pikebait
Posted 3/4/2023 7:44 PM (#1018621)
Subject: Abu revo beast vs Diawa Lexa

Since I am having a new rod built my wife decided she wanted to test out my old set up. She decided to claim both the rod and reel as hers now.

So now I am going to be shopping for a new reel to go with the rod I am built

The reel my wife is stealing from me is an Abu revo beast that has treated me well and would consider another. I have also been eyeing up a Diawa Lexa but have no firsthand experience with them other than playing with them in cabelas

What positives and negatives have you guys experienced with the Lexa and the beast?
colinj8899
Posted 3/5/2023 6:38 AM (#1018625 - in reply to #1018621)
Subject: Re: Abu revo beast vs Diawa Lexa

Since no one has responded to you yet I will share my two cents and I'm not trying to product bash. I have owned three different Daiwa reels. Every one of them have broken the same season I bought them. By broken I mean they have stopped working completely and become useless. I tried repairing one with a local muskie shop and they tried submitting it for warranty since it was brand new. Daiwa told them it was normal wear and tear and wont fix or replace it. I do not fish everyday or near as much as some guys.

Every other set up I have are Abu's. Rockets, Revo Toro's and a few NACL's that I have had for 5 to 8 years. Never once has a Abu broken to the point I can't use it. Abu customer service is great and I service my reels yearly.

I have heard guys say they love their Daiwa Lexa's reels and haven't had problems with them. I have had drags go bad, gears constantly lock up mid cast and a power handle almost fold in half on me setting the hook on a fish. I bought a newer model 400WN two years ago and loved using it when it worked and the ergonomics of the reel and the casting distance I got out of it. Problem is something broke on it almost every time I used it. Its currently sitting in my boat with a gear issue and doesn't work after giving it a good go last year for a few times out. These were all problems that happened in the first season of use with three different reels. Customer service never helped and I had to pay out of pocket to repair these issues and the reel would go back again almost immediately. I figured these were all operator error at the time. However, I have never experienced these problems with any other muskie reel I have used.

Again, not trying to product bash but this an experience I have had with this product and this products customer service have not been good to me.

I am very happy with Abu and cant think of any bad experiences with the reels I've had and they get the majority of the work load when I'm out fishing.
Pikebait
Posted 3/5/2023 7:39 AM (#1018626 - in reply to #1018621)
Subject: Re: Abu revo beast vs Diawa Lexa

Thanks for the reply and this is exactly what I am looking for is to hear from those with firsthand experience with these reels. Even more valuable when you have experience with both
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)