Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Hey, take this" Running_Hot (just before smacking me in the face with a sucker)
- (Added by: Slamr)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: Inaugural Lady of the Lake Muskie Tournament on Lake Geneva Oct 17, 2020
jimcej100
Posted 7/5/2020 4:02 PM (#963042)
Subject: Inaugural Lady of the Lake Muskie Tournament on Lake Geneva Oct 17, 2020

I just wanted to announce that the Chicagoland Muskie Hunters and FRV Muskies Inc chapters of Muskies Inc will be hosting the Inaugural Lady of the Lake Muskie Tournament on Lake Geneva, WI on Saturday, October 17, 2020. Our tournament application with the WI DNR was just approved this week so we can now promote this exciting event. For those who are unaware, Wisconsin strain Muskies have been stocked in Lake Geneva since 2010 and more recently Leech Lake strain muskies have also been introduced. Many substantial Muskies have reportedly been caught the past few years and we think it's time for a tournament.

All proceeds will go directly back into the Lake Geneva Muskie fishery through our continued stocking efforts to put Leech Lake strain muskies into that system. The Chicagoland Muskie Hunters have been spearheading this stocking effort for the past two years working directly with the WI DNR and UW Stevens Point. By going to the tournament page of the Chicagoland Muskie Hunters website you can pull down all of the tournament information including the application form, rules, and prizes at: https://chicagolandmuskiehunters.org/tournament.asp You can also pay the boat entry fee for the tournament via PayPal.

This should be a fun event and your participation will go far in helping to develop this relatively new Muskie fishery.

Thanks and hope to see you at this event.

Jim Cejna
Tournament Director
jimcej100
Posted 10/11/2020 9:26 PM (#967996 - in reply to #963042)
Subject: RE: Inaugural Lady of the Lake Muskie Tournament on Lake Geneva Oct 17, 2020

Chicagoland Muskie Hunters chapter member Daniel Kuesis caught this nice 46 incher last week on Lake Geneva. This is a great example of the quality of muskies that can be caught on this body of water. It's still not too late to register for the Lady of the Lake Muskie Tournament on October 17th. As of today we have a decent amount of boats participating, but have plenty of room for more boats. We will have a registration tent setup adjacent to the Williams Bay public launch on the day of the tournament between 5:30 AM and 6:30 AM to sign up any last minute boats that want to join. Extended weather forecasts for Saturday are looking pretty good with temps in the mid 50's with moderate wind and 50% cloud coverage. Come on out an join us.

Jim Cejna
Tournament Director
630-370-5509

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Daniel Kuesis LG Muskie.jpeg (107KB - 597 downloads)
MD75
Posted 10/18/2020 12:38 PM (#968133 - in reply to #963042)
Subject: Re: Inaugural Lady of the Lake Muskie Tournament on Lake Geneva Oct 17, 2020

So...how'd it go?
muskymartin67
Posted 10/19/2020 12:43 PM (#968157 - in reply to #963042)
Subject: Re: Inaugural Lady of the Lake Muskie Tournament on Lake Geneva Oct 17, 2020

I heard from a friend that fished it there was 27 teams and that only one musky was caught by a local 45.5"
Muskyrookie
Posted 10/20/2020 12:55 PM (#968200 - in reply to #968157)

Hearing this just reaffirmed what I've been hearing about the lunge for a long time. That they are hard to catch! With that many anglers and that many baits playing in the drink to only get 1. I feel alot better about my struggles. I wouldn't doubt if he caught that 1 on a mepps no5 or a bass lure. I just keep thinking to myself, "I'm gonna getem on this cast".
North of 8
Posted 10/20/2020 4:24 PM (#968209 - in reply to #968200)

Muskyrookie - 10/20/2020 12:55 PM

Hearing this just reaffirmed what I've been hearing about the lunge for a long time. That they are hard to catch! With that many anglers and that many baits playing in the drink to only get 1. I feel alot better about my struggles. I wouldn't doubt if he caught that 1 on a mepps no5 or a bass lure. I just keep thinking to myself, "I'm gonna getem on this cast".

In the story about the tournament under the News tab in this forum, it mentioned that they fished in wind gusts to 45 mph. That really had to be tough. I was out in 35 mph gusts last week and my 18' Pro V tiller would go sideways in a heart beat.
jimcej100
Posted 11/4/2020 11:25 PM (#968695 - in reply to #963042)

We ultimately had 29 boats registered for the tournament and yes we had wind gusts of up to 45 mph starting around noon. I believe we would have had a few more boats, but got scared off by the bad weather forecast. I heard that there were a couple of boats that got sideways when pulling out at the Williams Bay launch. The only fish that was caught was a 45.5 that came while trolling a bucktail and it came around 8:30 am. The same guy said that he got a 47 incher a couple of days earlier. Our boat had one rip casting a crank bait and another while trolling but didn’t stay pinned. There are definitely some big girls in Lake Geneva and worth the effort to try for them, especially in the fall. We are already starting to make plans for another tournament in the fall of 2021. Stay tuned.
jimcej100
Posted 11/4/2020 11:34 PM (#968696 - in reply to #963042)
Subject: RE: Inaugural Lady of the Lake Muskie Tournament on Lake Geneva Oct 17, 2020

Attached is a photo of the winning fish.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FE834370-FE06-4D3C-AC86-FA98F4ABC6A2.jpeg (97KB - 611 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)