Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle River National Championship Open

Message Subject: Eagle River National Championship Open
Bucky_Musky
Posted 8/22/2019 8:05 AM (#945728)
Subject: Eagle River National Championship Open

1,300 anglers fish the ER Open and not a single report yet? Sounds like the conditions were tough with 1,366 anglers and less than 175 fish caught (something close to that at least from an article I saw.

Any thoughts from the folks who fished it? Sounds like the big fish (49.5") came from LVD and the father of the guy who caught it this year, also caught big fish on LVD last year (49")...cool story there.

Headed up this weekend. Thinking the cool weather will push fish up into the shallows. Looking for some buzz on how the open went and what worked (sounds like a lot didn't...). Thought for sure I would have seen chatter on here already about it. I see the ER open facebook page still isn't updated as well.
North of 8
Posted 8/23/2019 6:46 PM (#945811 - in reply to #945728)
Subject: RE: Eagle River National Championship Open

Bucky_Musky - 8/22/2019 8:05 AM

1,300 anglers fish the ER Open and not a single report yet? Sounds like the conditions were tough with 1,366 anglers and less than 175 fish caught (something close to that at least from an article I saw.

Any thoughts from the folks who fished it? Sounds like the big fish (49.5") came from LVD and the father of the guy who caught it this year, also caught big fish on LVD last year (49")...cool story there.

Headed up this weekend. Thinking the cool weather will push fish up into the shallows. Looking for some buzz on how the open went and what worked (sounds like a lot didn't...). Thought for sure I would have seen chatter on here already about it. I see the ER open facebook page still isn't updated as well.

In Oneida County, south of Eagle River. Was out for a couple hours this afternoon and water temps were still between 72 and 75. Large schools of bait fish were in the deeper part of the lake, had something hit while fishing deeper water. Two fish I caught were small and picked up trolling in a shallow river section between two lakes. I was a little surprised at how the water temps have held pretty steady this week given the cool nights. Good luck, looks like it will be a very nice weekend.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)