Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> terrova ipilot heading sensor questions

Reply New post
Message Subject: terrova ipilot heading sensor questions
Dave T.
Posted 12/18/2018 6:54 AM (#926124)
Subject: terrova ipilot heading sensor questions

morning boys, just have a question on mounting the heading sensor on the new terrovas. ive heard anywhere in the boat as long as parallel to the keel. then i saw someone having issues with the spot lock seeming to lock on to where the heading sensor is located, so maybe mount it near the terrova? i thought it had nothing to do with actual location?

also, should you wire it through an on/off switch? or is the draw on the battery when not in use not that great?

thanks!
Fishysam
Posted 12/18/2018 1:18 PM (#926167 - in reply to #926124)
Subject: Re: terrova ipilot heading sensor questions

Wire it to a switch, and the post about spot lock seaming to center on the puck is not correct. Mount it anywhere- direct line of sight and no magnetic interference is best, not near other power wires especially the trolling motor ones not near speakers not in the shade of dual 15" sonars, Bluetooth also has a 20-30' range so probably not best at the transom. The puck is only a electric heading sensor, the only gps input is still received on the top of the terrova.
Dave T.
Posted 12/18/2018 6:00 PM (#926192 - in reply to #926167)

Fishysam - 12/18/2018 1:18 PM

Wire it to a switch, and the post about spot lock seaming to center on the puck is not correct. Mount it anywhere- direct line of sight and no magnetic interference is best, not near other power wires especially the trolling motor ones not near speakers not in the shade of dual 15" sonars, Bluetooth also has a 20-30' range so probably not best at the transom. The puck is only a electric heading sensor, the only gps input is still received on the top of the terrova.

thank ya sir

if i mount it to a switch and turn it off when im not using the boat, will i have to re calibrate it every time out?
Fishysam
Posted 12/20/2018 9:24 AM (#926285 - in reply to #926124)

Shouldn't unless yours has an issue. (I read about one like that)
pklingen
Posted 12/28/2018 6:02 PM (#926922 - in reply to #926124)

i also read that the heading sensor has to have visual contact with the head of your terrova, so it needs to be somewhere on the front part of the boat. while checking on this on-line i found out that the only function the heading sensor does is enables the "jog" feature on your ipilot remote to work correctly.
wavridr
Posted 2/6/2019 7:39 PM (#930214 - in reply to #926124)
Subject: RE: terrova ipilot heading sensor questions

I have an ultera but same sensor. Mine is mounted just in front of the counsel. Work great, better that the older versions. Yes run a switch and I have only calibrated once. You do also have to calibrate to the centerline of the boat. Just follow the instructions.
Landry
Posted 2/10/2019 12:06 PM (#930457 - in reply to #926124)

I have mine in front of console near edge of hull. I do not have a switch. Everything is fine. Yes it is for jig feature.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)