Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Northern Michigan....Sucker question

Message Subject: Northern Michigan....Sucker question
meyer
Posted 11/8/2018 6:05 PM (#923050)
Subject: Northern Michigan....Sucker question

Fished 5 hours....Caught 1 low 30s muskie on a jerkbait...had a follow from a high 40s fish....dragged 2 sucker's no interest was shown. Having a bad fall with suckers....what makes a good sucker lake.
meyer
Posted 11/9/2018 3:32 PM (#923107 - in reply to #923050)
Subject: RE: Northern Michigan....Sucker question

Well I was out there today working a 10" suick and had a sucker out and got a sucker hit in 15 ft of water on the weed edge I was working . It was a 40" ski...other than that nothing showed interest in lure.
CincySkeez
Posted 11/12/2018 8:47 AM (#923222 - in reply to #923050)
Subject: Re: Northern Michigan....Sucker question

Sometimes they just don't want to eat. Is northern Michigan the UP or are you fishing the torch lake area. Could try downsizing the sucker, we have found when its real cold the smaller ones get more action.
meyer
Posted 11/13/2018 11:31 AM (#923345 - in reply to #923050)
Subject: RE: Northern Michigan....Sucker question

I fish both torch lake area and northern michigan waters...I've tried different size suckers throughout the fall
esoxaddict
Posted 12/10/2018 3:48 PM (#925476 - in reply to #923050)
Subject: Re: Northern Michigan....Sucker question

The thing that you have to remember is that feeding windows in late fall are a lot fewer and shorter than what we're used to seeing mid summer. They still need to eat, but their metabolism shows down quite a bit the colder it gets. What we've found is that the quality of your suckers is just as important as size. The ones you get at the average bait shop are often well on their way to dead by the time you buy them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)