Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Chicago Show vs Minnesota Show

Message Subject: Chicago Show vs Minnesota Show
White Bear Musky
Posted 9/27/2018 2:44 PM (#919584)
Subject: Chicago Show vs Minnesota Show

How many more vendors are at the Chicago show vs the Minnesota Show? Who are the vendors that are in Chicago but not Minnesota?

Thanks
sworrall
Posted 9/27/2018 4:37 PM (#919590 - in reply to #919584)
Subject: RE: Chicago Show vs Minnesota Show

The vendor count is similar, Chicago is traditionally a little larger. Retailers are the largest difference, with local Muskies Inc, and other local muskie businesses also differing. Both shows are fairly regional in attendance, with Chicago reaching into the South a bit more.
happy hooker
Posted 9/27/2018 5:12 PM (#919592 - in reply to #919590)
Subject: RE: Chicago Show vs Minnesota Show

White bear I sent you a pm

I go to about 4 expos a year Minnesota and Chicago are my favorite,,,Chicago is the first show of the year and you get to see all the hot topic buzz items first and you get a shot at them because their not sold out or on a catch up waiting list and you get your choice of all the colors.
Stay at the designated show hotel because it's full of musky guys you hang out with in the lobby and at breakfast and it's non stop musky talk. make a reservation if you know your coming and you usually get a show discount.
The swapmeet is huge biggest one and it's a blast, and benefits a good cause. Lots of tackle. prices are a little higher here on used stuff but you have a chance to find something your looking for. This is the best swap to sell things at.
And Chicago pizza is the best in the world!!!

Minnesota is similar in size and vendors a lot of the same ones, this show has the best deals and prices of all expos, thorne bros and Reeds and Blue Ribbon sometime go at it trying to out do each other on prices and you get the benefit. Also this is the last musky expo of the year and vendors sometimes want to get rid of product cheaper. This is the best expo for kids lots of things for them to do
The swap is not has big has Chicago but things sell cheap, Minnesota guys if they don't care for something then get it out of my way. I've bought rods here sometimes for $20 and most baits in the $5-6 range.

Go to both,,Chicago for the early jump start buzz,,and Minnesota for the late season deals.

Edited by happy hooker 9/27/2018 5:17 PM
esox911
Posted 9/29/2018 8:14 AM (#919787 - in reply to #919584)
Subject: Re: Chicago Show vs Minnesota Show

As stated-- CHICAGO is First and Largest and gets the show season rolling... Lots of the Custom Lures and Paints are here and sell out Fast... SWAP-SWAP-SWAP-----simply awesome on Saturday Night of the show---- Lots of NEW and USED tackle here...If I had to pick 1 day to attend it would be SATURDAY and stay for the swap..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)