Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Sad Todd Cleveland Update, received this a moment ago

Message Subject: Sad Todd Cleveland Update, received this a moment ago
sworrall
Posted 6/25/2018 9:08 AM (#910710)
Subject: Sad Todd Cleveland Update, received this a moment ago

Hey Steve,

I have some sad news to report [sigh]... anyway, I'm a long time friend & fan of Todd Cleveland. This morning, I received the following:

https://www.gofundme.com/todd-cleveland-fund?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-...

Posted by Michael Cleveland
June 24th, 2018

Update for Todd Cleveland.

It’s with great sadness that I write this latest update about my beloved brother Todd.

As I noted in my previous update, Todd just had surgery to remove a malignant brain tumor and we were all very hopeful that he would eventually make a full recovery from his cancer surgeries and treatments and go on to live a long life. After that initial optimism there were complications from clots, more tumors, hospital stays, physical therapy and 1 radiation treatment, all of which left Todd very weak and unable to participate in his recovery like he needed to. Then everything went from bad, but still hopeful, to devastating.

On Thursday (June 21st) we were visiting Todd in the morning before what would have been his 2nd radiation treatment. He wouldn’t wake up but we all assumed he was just really exhausted from the radiation treatment he received the previous day and that he would eventually come around, we were wrong. Todd wouldn’t wake up, an ambulance was called and he was taken to Mercy Hospital.

Todd had suffered a major stroke. In Todd’s already already weakened state, this is devastating. The stroke has caused his brain to swell and bleed down into his spinal cord. The doctors treating Todd say he’s too weak to undergo surgery and that he would not survive. So there is nothing we can do except make Todd comfortable, make sure he’s not in pain, tell him we love him and just be with him for as long as we can.

As soon as his medications are stabilized, Todd will move to hospice care where we will continue telling him how much we love him and how much he means to us for a long as we can. But eventually, we will be left without our beloved Todd. This is the devastating loss of a beautiful person, brother, husband, Dad and son.

To make matter worse, Todd’s wife and son will be left without their beloved husband and father and financially devastated by all that has happened. They need financial help now more than ever.

So if you can, please consider a donation of any size to help them cope with continuing Medical Bills, Hospice Expenses and the Final-Sevice expenses that will come when Todd is gone.

Thank you for reading this, for your thoughts, your prayers and for considering a donation to help Todd’s family.

God, please bless Todd and take him into your loving arms when he's ready to be with you. Please also watch over my other brother Jeff, who we lost in a tragic accident almost 13 years ago.

Sincerely,

Mick Cleveland
Help spread the word!

-------------------------
Mark Hoerich
Posted 6/25/2018 3:45 PM (#910773 - in reply to #910710)
Subject: RE: Sad Todd Cleveland Update, received this a moment ago

Speechless.
May God Bless the Cleveland Family moving forward.
Mick, Marcia and I are very sorry.
NPike
Posted 6/25/2018 5:15 PM (#910777 - in reply to #910773)

Sounded like a heck of a fisherman. May God bless - keep Todd and his family.
ToddM
Posted 6/25/2018 7:34 PM (#910781 - in reply to #910710)
Subject: Re: Sad Todd Cleveland Update, received this a moment ago

Todd was a staple at all the muskie shows too. Great guy.
fishpoop
Posted 6/25/2018 7:40 PM (#910783 - in reply to #910710)

I saw Todd this afternoon. He's in Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids Mn but unknown for how long. There is some concern about being able to administer medications at home, if they can do so then he'll go home but I can't say if or when that will happen or even what the next step is. They are asking that visits be kept to no more than 20 minutes.

As for his condition, he really couldn't talk much and is very weak. I think he knew I was there to see him but I don't know for sure. I don't know what else to tell you. It's devastating.

Edited by fishpoop 6/25/2018 7:52 PM
Tackle Industries
Posted 6/25/2018 8:32 PM (#910785 - in reply to #910710)

So sad... Todd was one of the first ppl who came to me at the first musky show I (Tackle Industries) attended and shook my hand and welcomed me to the show... I knew right then he was a kind good and kind person. This really gets me to read this Very sad about this.
Professional Edge
Posted 6/26/2018 8:18 AM (#910806 - in reply to #910785)

Really makes me sad. I met Todd through a mutual friend in the early years just before George's Musky Show. Todd invited me (a stranger) to his shop to visit and show me how me made the original Phantom. He gave me a couple of custom painted Phantoms to sell at the show so it would bring people to my (an unknown rod builder) booth to buy Phantoms but also see my custom sticks....including the Todd painted Van Halen musky stick. What an act of generosity that really instantly got me into the musky world.

You might be a stranger to Todd and his family but if you are able to help please visit the site above. He is one of the good guys!

Keith

Edited by Professional Edge 6/26/2018 8:20 AM
BALDY
Posted 6/26/2018 9:24 AM (#910811 - in reply to #910710)

Some of the worst news I have ever read. Todd helped me out a ton when I was getting started with Muskie Mojo. Just like Keith, Todd invited me to his house to show me his process and gave me tips on getting started making baits. He even painted some of my first baits for me while I was still learning. Really one of the good guys in the world.

This family has had a rough few years. Please give if you can.
ArmPit
Posted 6/26/2018 9:41 AM (#910813 - in reply to #910811)

Thoughts and prayers for the Cleveland family, Todd is a special guy, and great to chat with, and if you’ve never seen his phantom room, you’ll know he truly loved the sport and making lures!

\m/ keep on rockin

Troyz.
Posted 6/27/2018 12:57 AM (#910861 - in reply to #910813)

Was very sad new when I heard the latest! My prayers to Todd and Sandy and family, he has been an innovator with his development of the Phantom and the softail, and prided himself on his quality of bait he sold. He has been the biggest supporter of Muskie Inc and fellow new manufactueres to the industry. He would always reach out to them and glady give his time. The fun time of making bait in his basement is something I will always remember! He has always been a class act in the industry. Sad day for all muskies supportere!!

Your in our prayers

Troyz
PIKEMASTER
Posted 6/27/2018 12:51 PM (#910890 - in reply to #910710)

Very Sad News
I saw him at the Musky Shows for years !!!
God Bless

Richard W Schmitz aka PIKEMASTER
happy hooker
Posted 6/27/2018 6:38 PM (#910930 - in reply to #910890)

18 years for me,,shared hotel rooms went to three van Halen concerts, splitringing baits till 3am on the eve of the CHI show, we will try to see him when it's comfortable,,,if he's in one of those hospital gowns??? Replace it with his favorite Eddie V T Shirt and I bet you see his pulse and heart rate rise.
happy hooker
Posted 6/29/2018 4:26 PM (#911170 - in reply to #910930)

Sad news,,,we lost Todd last night he will be missed
fishpoop
Posted 6/29/2018 10:07 PM (#911188 - in reply to #911170)

I heard the news of Todd's passing earlier today but I've not heard anything about arrangements for him.

Todd was a kind and gentle man. I never knew him to be angry. He loved to laugh and play a joke.

He was a craftsman, taking pride in each lure he designed and painted. Back in the day when one bought a glidebait and was never sure if it would work correctly you could count on a Phantom Lure to work right every time. That's because he took the time in production to individually weight each lure and thus make sure it worked right from the first cast. As I told him years ago, "On a tough day on the water if I can't get a fish to at least move on a Phantom it's time to get off the lake." I will cherish all my old Phantom Lures.

Todd is missed.
tmag
Posted 6/30/2018 11:19 AM (#911215 - in reply to #910710)

http://www.thurston-deshaw.com/obituary/todd-cleveland
Top H2O
Posted 7/8/2018 11:39 PM (#911847 - in reply to #911215)

The muskie world lost a really great guy..
Praying for his family is a good thing.
Tackle Industries
Posted 7/10/2018 11:21 PM (#912023 - in reply to #910710)

The last baits Todd painted were some 16" and 17" Grunt Tackle Industries lures. I very much appreciated his friendship and business relationship. It really kills me to see this..... I am thinking to sell these lures and donating the profits to his sons future. What do you guys think? These are a 16" straight and a 17" jointed bait and my retail is $79.95. Other lures this size are over $100++ I am NOT trying to make money on this. I am trying to help make $$$ for the family.
supertrollr
Posted 7/11/2018 9:25 PM (#912112 - in reply to #910710)

do what you want, donation is personal thing .try it one time anonymously it may look less fun because you will get less gain but a secret between you and god that's priceless.
missourimuskyhunter
Posted 7/12/2018 12:25 PM (#912172 - in reply to #910710)

Prayers to all the family. A great guy and loved his baits. He always remembered me from shows as the guy from Missouri. The Lord needed a great guy and bait maker and he got him..
fishpoop
Posted 7/15/2018 10:44 PM (#912403 - in reply to #910710)

A sad day yesterday for his memorial service.

There is an additional fundraiser and memorial for Todd. You can purchase a T-shirt with a Van Halen soft-tail Phantom lure on it. Todd's niece is selling them. $20 - $25

https://www.facebook.com/danceblondie

These are nice quality shirts by Hanes.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)