Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> have a good new year

Message Subject: have a good new year
mnmusky
Posted 12/26/2018 6:17 PM (#926769)
Subject: have a good new year

if you have to pick up after someone, do it. We thank you!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(48915851_10155836990971630_3622643517894950912_n.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 48915851_10155836990971630_3622643517894950912_n.jpg (56KB - 285 downloads)
Brian Hoffies
Posted 12/27/2018 11:58 AM (#926815 - in reply to #926769)
Subject: RE: have a good new year

So sad that here in 2018 we still have pigs littering our LIMITED natural resources. Why not just stay home and drink? Toss your cans on the floor in your living rooms. Spit your chew in the corner. Toss your bait containers on the bed. Your wife or mommy will pick up after you.

While our environment looks nothing like it did in the 60's or 70's we still have to get this littering on the lakes stopped.

Thank you for bring the subject to the forefront again!
North of 8
Posted 12/27/2018 12:04 PM (#926816 - in reply to #926815)
Subject: Re: have a good new year

It is disappointing. I sometimes volunteer for the clean water/ clean boats program on the chain where I live. It is not a very good boat launch, it is a partnership between a local musky club and the township. Very little money allocated and that means no trash can. Sign tells people to take trash with them, but when I am there is normally pretty slow and I spend most of my time picking up. Everything from bait containers, to tangled line, to empty whiskey bottles, cigarette packs, etc. The fishing line is a real pain, causes harm to both birds and mammals on shore and in the water. Don't get why if you took out in the boat with you, you can't take it home to dispose of. I and other volunteers routinely take a small garbage along with us. Again, I know it is not the majority but the pigs make it bad for everyone.
NPike
Posted 12/27/2018 1:41 PM (#926818 - in reply to #926816)

I don't get it you fish or hunt and disrespect the outdoors (seems like they shouldn't go together, but some folks don't got much upstairs.
Little story, 16 years ago we flew out of Nakina > 100 air miles. One day on the trip we portaged to the best walleye lake I've ever fished. Anyway back on point at the end of the trail was hundred's of beer - booze cans and bottles (some smashed). To be in "Gods country" this was the last thing I expected. Drive long way, fly a long way just to leave a drunken mess. Hey nothing against having a few, but.
North of 8
Posted 12/27/2018 8:16 PM (#926850 - in reply to #926818)

NPike - 12/27/2018 1:41 PM

I don't get it you fish or hunt and disrespect the outdoors (seems like they shouldn't go together, but some folks don't got much upstairs.
Little story, 16 years ago we flew out of Nakina > 100 air miles. One day on the trip we portaged to the best walleye lake I've ever fished. Anyway back on point at the end of the trail was hundred's of beer - booze cans and bottles (some smashed). To be in "Gods country" this was the last thing I expected. Drive long way, fly a long way just to leave a drunken mess. Hey nothing against having a few, but.

My sister and her husband live "off grid" in South East Alaska. My brother in law spoke about finding bear hunting camps in the back country that left behind cases of empty booze bottles, food containers, etc. A guide would not allow that because they could lose their license and only residents can hunt in that area without a guide, so it was in all likelihood Alaskans trashing their own state.
esoxaddict
Posted 12/27/2018 8:45 PM (#926854 - in reply to #926769)

Saw a bunch of kids tossing garbage out of their car on W once time. I stopped, picked it up, and when I caught up with them in Manitowish waters I walked up to the car, knocked on the window, and said "Hey, I noticed you guys lost this stuff a few miles back. You're lucky I found it, because most of the people here including the local law enforcement would be shoving it up your %$^ about now! I'm not going to tell you what to do, but there's a gas station on the left about 20 minutes from here where you can throw that stuff away. Have a nice day!"

Never seen a bunch of kids more afraid for their lives...

mikie
Posted 12/28/2018 8:11 AM (#926863 - in reply to #926769)

I recall as a kid fishing with my dad on the Little Tennessee River. He'd bring along a couple of beers and use a 'church key' to open them. When done, he'd key holes in the bottom and sink the can. Steel cans back then, it was the 60's. m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)