Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> MI Lunge Log Question.

Message Subject: MI Lunge Log Question.
Cody
Posted 3/1/2019 10:43 AM (#932062)
Subject: MI Lunge Log Question.

I hunted for an answer and couldn't find the answer, I even tried calling MI, no answer. So my question is: May I Charter Guide count for their OWN Lunge Log total the fish that their clients catch ?
horsehunter
Posted 3/1/2019 11:32 AM (#932069 - in reply to #932062)
Subject: Re: MI Lunge Log Question.

I have no Idea if MI has a rule on this but if you are a guide your client is paying you to help him catch fish and if he winds in the string it's his fish. I often hear guides say i had so XXX number of fish in my boat but I don't think they claim them as theirs. With any of the guides I know it's the client that submits the fish for the log.

Edited by horsehunter 3/1/2019 11:35 AM
Cody
Posted 3/1/2019 3:21 PM (#932110 - in reply to #932069)

I'm still not sure. A not real reliable source told me that some Guides do count their clients fish towards their MI Lunge Log totals. If that is the case its not for me to even enter. The odds are stacked against the non-guide. If it is in the rules a guide can register their clients fish ( which I can't find ) There should be a separate division for Guides. That's just my opinion though.
sworrall
Posted 3/1/2019 3:27 PM (#932113 - in reply to #932062)

Wouldn't you think you should bring this up with your local MI club?
Cody
Posted 3/1/2019 5:41 PM (#932138 - in reply to #932110)

If your referring that I'm looking to get attention, far from it. I just asked a question I thought someone on here could answer. I avoid most people ! Not too difficult to answer a civil question when asked. Not an offensive question. And to answer you Sworral I tried MI first. Sorry I even asked, It will be the very last ! Andrew you can delete my profile please, there won't be a need for it anymore. Thanks.

Edited by Cody 3/1/2019 6:00 PM
danmuskyman
Posted 3/1/2019 6:23 PM (#932143 - in reply to #932138)

Cody - 3/1/2019 5:41 PM

If your referring that I'm looking to get attention, far from it. I just asked a question I thought someone on here could answer. I avoid most people ! Not too difficult to answer a civil question when asked. Not an offensive question. And to answer you Sworral I tried MI first. Sorry I even asked, It will be the very last ! Andrew you can delete my profile please, there won't be a need for it anymore. Thanks.

Thin skin........ and for the MI question, who cares? Just go out and fish
Marc_Grattan
Posted 3/1/2019 6:32 PM (#932145 - in reply to #932062)
Subject: RE: MI Lunge Log Question.

Per the second rule on the release form.

2. Muskie must be hooked and played by only one person, and only that person may enter the muskie in the contest. Assistance in landing is permitted.

Your not supposed to enter a clients fish or a buddy's fish that isn't entered for your own. As much as the lungelog is a database for muskie anglers, its also a contest at the local and national level also.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(llog.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments llog.JPG (117KB - 395 downloads)
true tiger tamer
Posted 3/2/2019 3:06 PM (#932192 - in reply to #932062)

Doesn't seem like an unreasonable question for the forum if Muskies Inc. wouldn't reply. Best of luck sir, sorry about any negativity you may have experienced on the site.
sworrall
Posted 3/3/2019 8:44 AM (#932216 - in reply to #932138)

Cody - 3/1/2019 5:41 PM

That's the process I simply suggested, contact your local MI club. No offense intended, so what's this about? You stated only you tried to 'call' MI and no answer. Wasn't sure what you did or didn't do. I also didn't question if you are a member or what your motivation for posting is, just made a simple suggestion. And, you did get your answer, BTW.

There's nothing here to insinuate MI 'wouldn't reply'. That is the precise reason I posted what I posted.

I missed one response, and by knowing the person who posted it through years of moderation, he has a very dry sense of humor. Why did I miss that response? I was out of town addressing a meeting of Muskies Inc Clubs at the musky show. Great group of folks all trying to do nothing more than further muskie conservation.

Jeff Hanson
Posted 3/4/2019 10:32 AM (#932281 - in reply to #932216)

No Guides cant count fish that their clients reel in for the Lunge log. I never have and don't know any other guides that do that.
I sometimes hook fish casting and hand the rod to customers and I don't count those either. I always do that for kids.

Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
Espy
Posted 3/4/2019 12:22 PM (#932291 - in reply to #932062)

Obviously you've gotten your answers, guides shouldn't be counting their client's fish as theirs, nor should anyone count anybody else's fish caught. My guess is very few members actually care much about any competition at the regional level. It's more so for the individual club competitions.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)