Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Mississippi Brainerd-Little Falls

Message Subject: Mississippi Brainerd-Little Falls
MOJOcandy101
Posted 1/15/2018 4:05 PM (#889834)
Subject: Mississippi Brainerd-Little Falls

Its mid winter and that means its time to plan my yearly of the wall trip. Looking for some information about how long a float like this would take? Also is it deep enough to bring a smallish (16') boat or would I be better in a duck boat? PM's are welcome as I know the Mississipi guys have tight lips.
happy hooker
Posted 1/17/2018 1:17 AM (#889907 - in reply to #889834)
Subject: RE: Mississippi Brainerd-Little Falls

Hey guy Noah Binsfield grew up and guides on that stretch,,he was a speaker at our Twin Cities chapter meeting,,you could learn a lot about that area talking to him.
Long drive but he is giving a seminar at the southern wisconsin expo later this month, or you might want to consider hiring him for a day it might be cheaper has that area is very hazardous for travel.
Smell_Esox
Posted 1/17/2018 12:52 PM (#889931 - in reply to #889834)
Subject: Re: Mississippi Brainerd-Little Falls

I use my 16 foot flat bottom with 15 hp outboard for that float. To go from Brainerd to LF would take a long time. I don't know if it is doable in a day unless you ran long sections with the motor. I've done Brainerd to Fort Ripley landing and it takes a good day to fish effectively.
Copper Thunder
Posted 1/18/2018 10:24 AM (#889978 - in reply to #889834)

I'd say. When a group of us used to float from the Brainerd Dam to Fort Ripley we used drift boats with no motor and figured three days if we wanted to fish effectively. Never been below FR but it looks to be about that much longer again to get to Little Falls.
MOJOcandy101
Posted 1/18/2018 11:30 AM (#889984 - in reply to #889834)

Wow, I guess I vastly underestimated the time I would need. Looks like I should pick off a smaller chunk to learn. Thanks for the info
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)