Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Project boat (ranger)

Reply New post
Message Subject: Project boat (ranger)
beerforthemuskygods
Posted 5/9/2017 8:09 PM (#861235)
Subject: Project boat (ranger)

From what I can tell, it is likely a late 70's early 80's ranger 1600v, center livewell, mid-late 1990's merc 50hp tiller. Stored indoors, carpet is surprisingly in good condition (possibly re-done), fiberglass is faded bad, lots of holes have been drilled into the cap, keel is in really rough shape, pad is good, transom seems solid. Overall, just needs a lot of TLC. To my knowledge, this boat has seen the water twice in the last 18 years. I have not been able to find much info on this particular hull. It would definitely be a project, however, very doable and I should be able to get it for next to nothing. The question I have is if anyone might be familiar with this hull? I'd hate to put a bunch of time into it if it is a crappy ride. Feeling a little nostalgic, I think I could turn it into a head-turning-fishin-machine. It appears as though it would be a smooth runner, just thought i'd see if anyone had an opinion.

Edited by beerforthemuskygods 5/9/2017 8:26 PM
Ranger
Posted 5/9/2017 9:16 PM (#861254 - in reply to #861235)
Subject: Re: Project boat (ranger)

Don't make this mistake I made once.....I bought a used boat that had what appeared to be a solid transom but it turned out the wood within the fiberglass was all rotted and the boat was unsafe. The previous owner had drilled holes on the transom top to add gear and those holes allowed the water to soak in over the years. The proper repair was way beyond my skills and way too expensive to have a shop do the work. I sold the boat at a big loss to a local kid, told him exactly what was up, he promised to turn it into a cool project but instead he flipped it to an unsuspecting buyer.

Edited by Ranger 5/9/2017 9:18 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)