Best Metro Lake By Numbers
Anonymous
Posted 8/3/2014 6:57 PM (#723978)
Subject: Best Metro Lake By Numbers

What do you guys consider the best metro lake for numbers only, I think most would agree Tonka would be the best beast lake but for pure numbers what do you think is the best bet?
Musky Face
Posted 8/3/2014 8:34 PM (#723990 - in reply to #723978)
Subject: Re: Best Metro Lake By Numbers

Good luck Anonymous!
Mtn Hunter
Posted 8/3/2014 9:09 PM (#723994 - in reply to #723978)

X2
bigdogg2278
Posted 8/4/2014 7:33 AM (#724015 - in reply to #723978)

Indy has always been strong and number and has some nice ones in there to
Tim Schmitz
Posted 8/4/2014 7:52 AM (#724017 - in reply to #723978)

What's your expiation? What's your definition of numbers 3-5 fish? Those types of days can happen but are not to be expected. Maybe stick to pike fishing if your looking for hooksets.
oddball
Posted 8/4/2014 8:02 AM (#724018 - in reply to #723978)

Lake X has just the numbers you could be looking for!!!!!
Anonymous
Posted 8/4/2014 8:10 AM (#724019 - in reply to #723978)
Subject: RE: Best Metro Lake By Numbers

Happy group of guys here dear god, I remember when forums use to be here to help guys out now a guys asks a question and he's ridiculed
asteffes
Posted 8/4/2014 8:23 AM (#724023 - in reply to #724019)
Subject: RE: Best Metro Lake By Numbers

Anonymous-

I think that you are getting these types of responses because those who put in the countless hours on the water to learn different lakes in the metro do not want to share this "learned information" with someone who asks "What lake has the most muskies in it?". I think most muskie anglers feel like they worked hard for this and have the opinion that you need to put in some effort too.

The MN DNR have a very thorough bank of stocking information that can be used by the general public. Take a look at it and pick the ones that appeal the most to you.

IMO, there are MANY good lakes to fish in the metro, and each of them produce better at different times of the year. There are some lakes that I will fish early, some mid-summer, and others that are better in the fall. I fish these lakes at these times of the year because I have learned those patterns and unless you are someone that I connect with regularly, I am probably not going to share that information with an "anonymous poster" on muskiefirst.com.

Per acre, I would agree that Indy is one of the better ones in the area.

Tony
Sidejack
Posted 8/4/2014 8:43 AM (#724029 - in reply to #723978)

All of the answers await inside, once you become a member here.
For instance, no one can private message you right now but once you're a member yewl git inside information from non-surly grizzled veterans that want you to succeed in your endeavors.
The benefits are endless, the cost is free, and the staff top notch.
Somebody back me up here.
VMS
Posted 8/4/2014 9:13 AM (#724036 - in reply to #723978)

Hiya,

I don't fish metro waters much at all so I am not one who can give you any information on numbers. What I find funny is that knowing the numbers are there is one thing...going out and catching them is a whole different ballgame.

I'm not sure how Anon is posting unless registration is something that is no longer needed, but if he registers, I think that could help his case as well...

Steve
asteffes
Posted 8/4/2014 9:38 AM (#724046 - in reply to #724036)

I agree that if you register, contribute to conversations, and get to know people on the board, you will definitely get more information than posting anonymously. Lots of great people here who have helped me out.

Tony
TCESOX
Posted 8/4/2014 6:29 PM (#724145 - in reply to #723978)

I have 6 metro musky lakes within 12 minutes of my house. I have fished 10 metro lakes over the last year and a half, and have taken fish in all of them. All of the metro musky lakes are worth your time, especially if you are beginning your musky adventure. Even though I haven't caught any "giants" on my neighborhood tiger lake (10 blocks from home), I like to spend a lot of time on it because I learn a lot about keeping them hooked, netting them, unhooking them, and releasing them. Since the size limit is 40" on tiger lakes, there are a lot of 3 footers in all of these lakes. Simply pick the closest lake to your house, and fish it. Chances are, that it is small, and won't take forever to learn. All of the things you learn as you get intimate with your local lake, will transfer to other lakes and help you build confidence. What these guys have said about registering and interacting, true. There are a bunch of great people on this board, but no one is going to say "this lake has great numbers and is on fire, go to this spot and cast this lure at this time." Especially on a public board about heavily pressured waters, to someone nobody knows. Hope this helps, and like the others said- Join!
pistolpete314
Posted 8/5/2014 7:37 AM (#724222 - in reply to #723978)

The pond in my backyard
Jeremy
Posted 8/5/2014 5:02 PM (#724345 - in reply to #724145)

TCESOX - 8/4/2014 6:29 PM

I have 6 metro musky lakes within 12 minutes of my house. I have fished 10 metro lakes over the last year and a half, and have taken fish in all of them. All of the metro musky lakes are worth your time, especially if you are beginning your musky adventure. Even though I haven't caught any "giants" on my neighborhood tiger lake (10 blocks from home), I like to spend a lot of time on it because I learn a lot about keeping them hooked, netting them, unhooking them, and releasing them. Since the size limit is 40" on tiger lakes, there are a lot of 3 footers in all of these lakes. Simply pick the closest lake to your house, and fish it. Chances are, that it is small, and won't take forever to learn. All of the things you learn as you get intimate with your local lake, will transfer to other lakes and help you build confidence. What these guys have said about registering and interacting, true. There are a bunch of great people on this board, but no one is going to say "this lake has great numbers and is on fire, go to this spot and cast this lure at this time." Especially on a public board about heavily pressured waters, to someone nobody knows. Hope this helps, and like the others said- Join!

Well done! 'Nuff said.