Jason Smith no longer listed as moderator?

Posted 3/25/2003 11:02 AM (#64736)
Subject: Jason Smith no longer listed as moderator?

Thanks for all your help in teaching us Jason!
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/25/2003 11:05 AM (#64737 - in reply to #64736)
Subject: RE: Jason Smith no longer listed as moderator?

You will be missed. I expect you to still show up on the board as a regular. See you tomarrow night 8pm sharp, bring on the Cave!!!!
Sponge
Posted 3/25/2003 11:29 AM (#64738 - in reply to #64736)

Seems a mutiny on the Good Ship Lollypop has taken place, and will be interesting to see if Jason struggles to retain his former position; these things happen when one moves and others slide in to reposition themselves for the heralded title of "Moderator". Jason will be giving a long drawn out speech at the dinner on Saturday night detailing his future plans for his media career as it pertains to the fast track and exciting world of cyber musky fishing and its associate benefits. Consider him a "Pop Tart"; once he settles in and warms up, he will quickly rise to the occasion...
jonfloater
Posted 3/25/2003 6:56 PM (#64777 - in reply to #64736)

Right the ship! Could we be floudering? How can a 1,000,000 post person just bow out? God bless you Jason, and, join in as often as before.
Jason Smith
Posted 3/25/2003 8:33 PM (#64793 - in reply to #64777)

Sorry folks but I had to resign as managing editor of MF, as I told that to Steve Worrall a week ago. I found out many things when I was offline moving......and the fact that "I have a family" was the top thing I learned.

I have done this for 3 years. I built MC to the top long ago and now MF to its current state. With MF I worked very hard to build it to the friendly site that it is. Four or more hours solid including more on weekends was not unheard of. I would spend my entire evenings doing nothing but solving problems, fighting politics and making sure there are chat guests, outings and questions that get answers to learn from. That was a lot work and my family suffered behind my relentless goal of making this site the BEST.

When I do something I give it 110% and I do have a family that supports me which makes me lucky. They supported me in my guiding for eight years and while I was a slave to the site for 3 years. But I often give into that family suport and over look them because I am so busy achieving my personal goals. Personal goals are not as important as family, that is one thing I learned when we moved.

I have gained many many close friends on this site and that I cherish. That is why I am still assisting the outings. The outings are very important and fun....I cant let that go.

I will be visting the site, answering questions joining in chat room discusions and being a Member...that will never change.

Edited by Jason Smith 3/25/2003 8:35 PM
ESOX Maniac
Posted 3/25/2003 10:18 PM (#64796 - in reply to #64736)

Jason- Man's gotta have his priority's straight. Now I suppose that means there isn't going to be a "SalmonFirst"? Have fun, look forward to seeing you around the board & at the MF outings & winter shows.

Al

www.welcometothechumbucket.com
FishingFool
Posted 3/25/2003 11:28 PM (#64801 - in reply to #64736)
Subject: RE: Favorite time to fish?

Good Luck Jason.I hope your future is as good to you as your past! If you see me any area lakes,stop and say HI.
theedz155
Posted 3/26/2003 5:40 AM (#64806 - in reply to #64736)

Jason

Sorry to hear you will be leaving us. But, glad to hear you have your priorties in the right place. Especially with all the stuff going on in the world now. Remember friends may come and go but family will always be there.

I am in a similar situation here. I recently decided not to run for reelection to the village board and am seriously contemplating resigning from the Fire Dept. too. Have taken hiatus from bow hunting and am selling the golf clubs too. I want to have more time to fish but I want to be able to do it with the family.

Again, I applaud you for making what must have been a tough decision. Keep in touch here.

Scott
muskyone
Posted 3/26/2003 7:25 AM (#64808 - in reply to #64736)

Jason, sorry to see you leave here but I understand the changes one goes through in life. There comes a time when family takes the front seat to everything else and it sounds as though your time is at hand. Enjoy the kids while you can they will be grown before you know it. Remember that there is an open seat in a Ranger boat over this way. Just let me know when you are headed West and I will make plans.
C.Painter
Posted 3/26/2003 9:54 AM (#64819 - in reply to #64808)

Hey more power to ya buddy! Keep the family happy and the center of your life and it will make the fishing that much better.

Send me an email when you get a change with your latest info..phone number etc.

Cory
Commanche Jim
Posted 3/26/2003 10:18 AM (#64820 - in reply to #64819)

This is a very sad day. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Jason. My God, how is life going to go on?

Relax fellas, he's retired, not dead! He even said himself, he'll be around the board for chats and whatnot.
Nice work, Jason! This is the only muskie website I visit these days!
DocEsox
Posted 3/26/2003 10:54 AM (#64823 - in reply to #64736)

So Jason is moving from Lord High Moderator to just one of us common folk.....well hooray to us commoners!!! If anyone needs to argue about his priorities they need a hard slap aside of the head. Jason seems to have life's most important objects held high...his family! I'm sure Connie and the kids are happy to have him "back".

Musky politics aside, Jason....we always hope to have your sage musky advice around here......thanks for all the hard work!!

BrianW
davep
Posted 3/26/2003 7:15 PM (#64854 - in reply to #64823)

I echo that jason has his priorities straight!!!! Way to go and thanks for giving to this site what you have given!!! I look foward to your input in the future as one of us "commonfolk"
divani
Posted 3/27/2003 1:36 AM (#64877 - in reply to #64736)

Jason, you'll be missed but I'm happy to read that you'll stay on the MF message boards!

www.familyandmuskiefirst.com

Posted 3/27/2003 11:29 AM (#64917 - in reply to #64736)

Jason - at last you got your PRIORITIES straight...family comes first, fishing second or career gratifications second or third if you have kids. Good to see you are LEARNING something -- you probably learned quite a bit from your tutorial under Steve at Walley Central and now as a moderator under Steve again at MF...he is a wealth of knowledge and patience as you must already know. Good luck in your new life scenerio.