anybody been through rehabilitation process to get into canada?
mark g k
Posted 3/23/2003 3:40 PM (#64583)
Subject: anybody been through rehabilitation process to get into canada?

Has anybody been denied entrance to canada due to something you did when you were a kid that's on your record? (misdemeaner)
I would like to know what hoops you had to go through for the rehabilitation process. E-mail me [email protected] or call me mark k at 6514623352. Any help would be great and thank you. mark
mikie
Posted 3/24/2003 6:41 AM (#64599 - in reply to #64583)
Subject: RE: anybody been through rehabilitation process to get into canada?

Nope, but we got some strange looks at the border when my smart mouthed kid decided not to give a straight answer to the nice lady when she asked, "Does your mom know you're here?" m
Ranger
Posted 3/24/2003 11:15 AM (#64624 - in reply to #64599)

I went accross at Sault S. Marie about 2 weeks ago. It was a breeze. No questions besides the typical - citizenship, where are you going, what will you be doing, when to return, etc. Less than 60 seconds. I showed a drivers license on the way back into the states. Things may be different now with the Iraq thing.
fishpoop
Posted 3/24/2003 11:02 PM (#64703 - in reply to #64583)

to the top

Posted 3/25/2003 1:30 PM (#64745 - in reply to #64583)

If you committed a crime as a Juvenille it should not be on your record. If you committed the crime as an adult you would only have a problem crossing the border if the crime is a felony in Canada (i.e. a DWI is a felony in Canada). For more information you can check the Canadian Immigration website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.html . You can contact them via email, mail, or phone to find out if you need a Ministers Pass to enter Canada.

Dave S.