Cave Run Outing Culinary Adventure

Posted 3/23/2003 6:49 AM (#64560)
Subject: Cave Run Outing Culinary Adventure

Just starting to get everything together for the outing, still taking care of the honey due list, only a garage door opener to install then I think I am done. PS-don't buy a house and move into it a week before a trip. Wondering what everyone is planning on doing for supper while down at the cave? Heading out to eat, cooking at tony's, or just enjoying 12 oz pop top pork chops?

2 days and counting

Troyz
mikie
Posted 3/23/2003 9:04 AM (#64570 - in reply to #64560)
Subject: RE: Cave Run Outing Culinary Adventure

I'd be glad to help organize a cook-in at Tony's, but I need to hear from Steve, Tony and Jason what plans are final for the gatherings, first. From tyhe first outing post, it sounds like we'll be coming off the water and heading over to the disComfort Inn Thursday evening for a meeting and bait exchanges. Then, it's about a half hour drive back to Tony's, park the boats, etc. That makes it pretty late to start cooking.

The Black Bull just down the road from Tony makes some pretty good grub, esp. breakfast, but the rest of the feed stores are either in Frenchburg (Pizza Hut) or back in Morehead. We don't have Ranger to put this together, any ideas from the other Southerners? m
Sponge
Posted 3/23/2003 1:16 PM (#64577 - in reply to #64560)

There is a small place in Frenchburg that has cheap decent food, but I can't remember the name of it; it is on the left as you get into town. must be a Pizza Hut too, as Mikie indicated. For the North fisher peeps, there is Morehead that has a steak place, Shoneys and other stuff I imagine; maybe Tony will see this and respond.
mikie
Posted 3/23/2003 4:38 PM (#64585 - in reply to #64577)

we went to a college bar last week. good food and scenery, but the kidz will be on break when we're down there. m