TopRaider Problem
bigmckee23
Posted 7/1/2014 11:33 AM (#718669)
Subject: TopRaider Problem

Hey Guys,

Was up in the Manitowish Waters fishing 2 weekends ago and my buddy caught a decent 36 on a topraider. Nothing out of the ordinary, hooks came out pretty easy, pictures and back to fishing. However, the topraider stopped running correctly after this fish. It no longer ran clean on the surface, as it almost was digging downward into the water. The only way to get it to run properly was with the tip up at a much higher rate of speed than the fish was caught at. We tried messing with it just a little bit, trying to bend it any way we could in hopes it would run right, but after a few minutes, I just gave him another one to throw instead of messing with it.

Has anyone seen this before? Do we need to try tweaking with it some more? Could it possibly be taking on water causing it's buoyancy to go down? I'm just throwing things out there, I really have no idea and wanted to see if anyone else experienced this problem before and were able to get it fixed.

The topraider was new this year at the show and it was the first fish caught on it.

Thanks guys!
Musky63
Posted 7/1/2014 12:15 PM (#718675 - in reply to #718669)
Subject: RE: TopRaider Problem

Shake the bait, There is a weight glued into the head of the bait that holds it right in the water. Often this weight gets knocked loose. You may hear it moving in there If that happened you will have to drill into the bait, secure the weight with epoxie and foam it. I have done this with two TR's and it fixes it and does not seem to affect the bait. Search the forum there is a thread with pics here, They still catch fish just as well.
Slow Rollin
Posted 7/1/2014 1:48 PM (#718689 - in reply to #718669)
Subject: RE: TopRaider Problem

Check to make sure it is not leaking. It may have a tiny leak and taking a little water.
bigmckee23
Posted 7/1/2014 2:37 PM (#718699 - in reply to #718669)
Subject: Re: TopRaider Problem

should've searched the threads first! My apologies. Will check out the bait tonight and see if the weight came loose. Thanks for the heads up guys.