Tooth Tamer Rods, opinions? Ever try them?
Nell
Posted 6/11/2014 11:44 AM (#715066)
Subject: Tooth Tamer Rods, opinions? Ever try them?

I had an expensive Shimano..... but my husband tried several rods out and bought the hard to find toother tamer rod. He even liked them so much and so hard to find he decided to sell them in our small shop. I tried them out and found lighter, better casting, good ability to feel rod's movements.... it is a cheaper rod then my shimano but it seems to be way better! Still like the Shimano good rod no issues I just cast better and get less tired with the tooth tamer.

I really want to know what others think that have tried them!
LandBigFish
Posted 6/11/2014 12:22 PM (#715075 - in reply to #715066)
Subject: Re: Tooth Tamer Rods, opinions? Ever try them?

I've ran them now for 3+ years with zero issues I own tooth tamer 7 muskie rods 3 bass and 2 spin cast. I'm not your average fisherman I multiple times a week usually in the average of 30+ hours. These rods are light with great strength attributes. I've jigged Bondy's over the deep caught fish. Cast pounders caught fish. Throw small bucktails there's a rod for all situations. I trust these rods come tournament time. My favorite part are the line guides there impressively small and ultra tough. There pricing is less than $200. I've converted my friends once they've tried these rods. Outdoor Advantage Cloquet, MN. Good stop on the way to Vermillion
jonj
Posted 6/11/2014 12:31 PM (#715080 - in reply to #715066)
Subject: RE: Tooth Tamer Rods, opinions? Ever try them?

Love mine. They load up well and the eyes freeze up less than others late in the season.
LandBigFish
Posted 6/11/2014 10:03 PM (#715173 - in reply to #715066)

Not affiliated with this business just the spot where I have bought from. Most of my rods came from Bill G. via being sponsored during the PMTT.
achotrod
Posted 6/11/2014 10:20 PM (#715177 - in reply to #715066)

I quickly looked at them at the Chicago Muskie Show. I bought a St Croix since I knew I would be happy with it. BUT if I had more time to look it over I was seriously considering them.
vikingbayguy
Posted 6/12/2014 4:20 PM (#715276 - in reply to #715177)

I picked one up at the MN Muskie Expo and so far so good. Very light weight and seems very durable. Priced just right also!
ToothTamer
Posted 6/12/2014 5:46 PM (#715291 - in reply to #715066)

Buddys got one with 3 seasons so far and he likes it alot and 0 issues. I would buy one without a doubt
jabird
Posted 6/12/2014 9:04 PM (#715343 - in reply to #715066)

I have a Jawbreaker XXXH and love it. No issues and would highly recommend it. Good price too.
Ross K
Posted 6/13/2014 8:19 AM (#715399 - in reply to #715066)

I agree with all the above. Great rods, great value, great customer service. I would say next time someone needs a rod, or looking to add a rod, they should try one. Musky, Bass, or walleye. The 7'11" XH bass rod is a good cross-over for smaller musky baits. I've caught my PMTT musky's at Cave Run on it....pretty nice! The 8' Med/Hvy or the 8'6" XH are great all-around musky rods.
Reef Hawg
Posted 6/13/2014 9:23 AM (#715417 - in reply to #715066)

I've been working with Bill since the transition from Fig Rig. One thing that I really like is that he listens to the fishermen and makes changes when necessary, always improving on an already great product. Furthermore, he treats everyone just as he would want to be treated, fairly.

90% of the Muskies in my boat have come on his rods over the past 6-7 years, and I'm still using some of the originals. I also run his walleye spinning rods, and have over 1000 river Walleyes on one of his 7'2" medium heavy models, not to mention the incidental bigger fish. Very tough stuff.

Just started using one of the hybrid Pike/Bass 9' casting rods and have been using it for small swim shads/twitch baits for Muskies and spinnerbaits for cranberry marsh pike. Then I toss some dead bait over the side for the kids, and it performs as a great catfish rod in a pinch.
sworrall
Posted 6/13/2014 10:22 AM (#715434 - in reply to #715066)

Great people and great rods!
gsha
Posted 6/14/2014 12:23 PM (#715618 - in reply to #715066)

I have a bunch of high $ rods and use my Tooth Tamer 90% exclusively with heavy baits, my favorite..Greg
detroithardcore
Posted 6/15/2014 10:41 AM (#715742 - in reply to #715066)

I've been fishing with Tooth Tamer rods down in SW Florida for Tarpon. They are fantastic rods, that are light, strong and turn 150# Tarpon. The rods load really nice casting and can shoot baits pretty far! I've used both the baitcasting rods and spinning rods down on these giant fish and they work great. Needless to say they will work for Muskie. Another selling point of these rods is they have a black matte finish which does seem to scratch (rod rash) easily. Even after several seasons they will look good as new. I like that about a rod...I love St. Croix Legend Rods but that blue chips very easy on the finish making the rods a little beat up looking. Great rods for sure