Anyone fish cave run this weekend
ManitouDan
Posted 3/16/2003 7:47 PM (#63911)
Subject: Anyone fish cave run this weekend

I'm off work mon and tues and considering the cave, any reports that can be shared . With the fantasic weather we had all weekend I'm sure some southern muskie hunters were out. high in the mid 70's today and tommorrow. Would love to know just how dirty is the water and how high is it up ? Don't want to drive 1.5 hrs to fish muddy water when I have a clear green creek to fish close to home. (caught 3 on friday 27, 31 and 32)Take Care all ManitouDan
RiverMusky
Posted 3/17/2003 1:29 AM (#63942 - in reply to #63911)
Subject: RE: Anyone fish cave run this weekend

Hey Dan, I haven't been to the Cave since the first of January, but I know several people who live by the lake and give me report's on a regular basis. I also have seen several people talking about it on the local fishing website's. As of today, the lake is still over 12 feet above winter pool. They have been pulling it down for over a week now. Alot of the ramp's are still under water, I hear that Scott's Creek ramp is the only one open. I will try to watch the local report's and will let you know what's going on. What about Green River Lake? I'm headed down in afew day's. It's in alot better shape. Here is a website, you can see the current lake levels for Kentucky. http://155.80.93.250/wc/reports/lkreport.html
muskie_man
Posted 3/17/2003 2:19 PM (#64007 - in reply to #63911)

hey. is the creek you were talking about happen to be kinninniock (kinny).
Did you put in at the garrison ramp.
Tony_Grant
Posted 3/17/2003 7:29 PM (#64023 - in reply to #64007)

The Cave is at 7 feet above summer pool, 4 ramps are open and most will be by weeks end. Temps range from 45 to 55 degrees. Most of the lake is muddy but Scotts, lower end of Beaver and Buck Creeks are fairly clear. My clients boated one and lost one today and I heard of 2 other fish caught. Nothing big yet but its early.
ManitouDan
Posted 3/17/2003 8:13 PM (#64027 - in reply to #63911)

Muskie Man-- Yes, it was kinney. I fished punchin eddy (also called the pipeline hole by non-locals) . The 27 incher was on a white 1 oz rattle trap and the 31 and 32 was on a white sisson med. running crank bait. I fished tygart creek today , the johnson hole, did'nt see a fish. Might go back to kinney tommorrow. Its much clearer than tygart, tygart's water was slightly milky, not as pretty as kinney. Give me a shout always looking for partners. ManitouDan Dan Stevenson in So.Portsmouth Ky GO BIG BLUE !!
muskie_man
Posted 3/17/2003 8:57 PM (#64033 - in reply to #63911)

hey i am from south portsmouth also.good luck fishin.
ManitouDan
Posted 3/18/2003 6:55 AM (#64069 - in reply to #63911)

Muskie Man -- I'm guessing here but would you also be known as Justin Diller ??? If so we will definetly have to hook up soon . I heard that you and your Dad were muskie fishing at the cave last year on the day you guys had the truck/boat wreck. Bet you did'nt know this but there are several guys at our church that muskie fish. You will have to get to know them. You allowed to skip school ??? See Ya soon ManitouDan