Cabela's Charger
Erieboy75
Posted 6/8/2014 2:55 PM (#714563)
Subject: Cabela's Charger

The fuse holders on my Cabela's ProSport20 charger are getting hot. In fact, one of them melted, but the fuse didn't blow (??). I hate to replace them without a good diagnosis and fixing the problem....I'm not an electrician and even I know that!
I'll call Cust Svc/Tech support, but often the fellas with experience can get to the root cause more quickly. Any suggestions?
Batteries are 3 years old, AGMs. Charger same. No problem until the last 2 times out. One other event....the plug on my trolling motor was getting hot, so I cut a few inches off the wires to the socket and re-wired them. Seems to have cooled off that issue. Did I just move the problem somehow?
Any help will be appreciated!
ErieBoy75
jdeezay74
Posted 6/8/2014 8:46 PM (#714622 - in reply to #714563)
Subject: RE: Cabela's Charger

I think your fuse holders may be a little worn and they don't make contact like seasons past. if they have springs in them pull them out and give'em a slight stretch so you have a increase pressure on all contacts. you will find anything electrical like this shows your weakest link in the system. you may need to possibly replace the fuse holders them self the heat from charging can expand them and they don't work as good as they used to.