Got The Top Rolled Back (or...1 step closer!)
stephendawg
Posted 3/15/2003 7:33 PM (#63852)
Subject: Got The Top Rolled Back (or...1 step closer!)

After "Honey-Do" this afternoon, the kids and I took the cover off the boat to expose the pitchin' deck to the UV rays! Installed the freshly charged batteries, did a few little things to make it more to suit me,  and made a dozen or so practice casts to the kitty cat before replacing the cover and kissing her goodnight. "Hang on, Honey! Only a few more weeks until it's safe to expose your rigid hull to the frigid depths!" My wife saw us out in the yard and says, "You poor, pathetic things!" Got her right where I want her, eh?.... What are the vital signs of your craft?
Lone Stone
Posted 3/15/2003 7:43 PM (#63854 - in reply to #63852)
Subject: RE: Got The Top Rolled Back (or...1 step closer!)

Today, added control panel with accessory plug for handheld GPS.  Added GPS mount.  Redo some wires put batteries back in place.  Will add place for release tools and change spark plugs tomorrow, then wait for ice to go.

Musky Wishin
Posted 3/15/2003 9:10 PM (#63861 - in reply to #63852)

Took the cover off also today. First time since December, been too cold. I'm redoing a '85 Lund Cheerokee so lot's of work to do before season opens. Got the rear floor in today, had to replace it due to rot. Installed trolling motor,new battaries,new depth finder and fixed livewell. Now I have to figure out all the old wiring. Hopefully it stays warm for awhile!!
MuskyPippo
Posted 3/15/2003 10:07 PM (#63864 - in reply to #63861)

I also pulled my boat out and took off the cover today. Threw out all the junk left over from last season. Cleaned and organized the compartments. Tomorrow she will get a wash down, waxing, carpet cleaning and the batteries will get charged. It's supposed to rain all next week in Chicago except for the weekend and I will definately be pounding the water in a week.

-Phil
sworrall
Posted 3/16/2003 6:32 PM (#63892 - in reply to #63864)

My Opti 250 XS is due in about 3 weeks, so my rig will not be ready for at least a month. Not a problem, though, our opener is WAY off yet.
davep
Posted 3/16/2003 6:38 PM (#63895 - in reply to #63892)

Mine is still in hypersleep until the new garage gets built. Hope th epoor girl doesnt hold it against me.
Matt Collins
Posted 3/16/2003 6:53 PM (#63898 - in reply to #63895)

Mine's all ready, just give me open water. Went with Muskyalan to Bass Pro today to pick up some stuff for his new rig. He got one of them there BASS boats. It sure is pretty. No ice breaking for sure in that thing. ALAN, if you read this------- KEEP THE MUSKY BARGE-------------!
Schuler
Posted 3/16/2003 7:48 PM (#63912 - in reply to #63852)

I washed the boat, used the carpet cleaner, ran the motor, and put a couple tackle boxes in my boat today. THE ICE IS MELTING FAST