Front Deck Lure kit
sworrall
Posted 3/12/2003 8:56 AM (#63461)
Subject: Front Deck Lure kit

This is the group of baits I carry for the entire open water season 'out of the big box' in a small portable. I vary colors, sizes, and brands a bit, but the kit pretty much stays the same as far as lure type. What kit do you carry?

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMAG0046.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMAG0046.JPG (127KB - 320 downloads)
MikeHulbert
Posted 3/12/2003 9:06 AM (#63463 - in reply to #63461)
Subject: RE: Front Deck Lure kit

What lure is that right above the Jackpot?

Mine usually consist of a Suick, Bulldawg, Magic Maker, Phantom, Shallow Invader, Jackpot, and Deuce Tail

Hulbert

Edited by MikeHulbert 3/12/2003 9:12 AM
rpieske
Posted 3/12/2003 9:26 AM (#63464 - in reply to #63461)

I use a 2 and 1/2 gal. bucket, glue a strip of foam inside and put the following lures in:

Topraider
Shallow Invader
2 sizes of Buchertails/2 each
Large suick
2 sizes of Jakes/Grandma
Dancing Shad
Squirrely Burt
Musky Hawk
Tandem Spin
Depth Raider
2 sizes of Bobbie Baits
Salmo
2 jigs and shad body
2 sizes of Believers/Swim Wizz

I do change this around some when I get a chance to leave the front and get to my large boxes. Time of year, clarity of water, etc. causes changes also.
nwild
Posted 3/12/2003 10:38 AM (#63467 - in reply to #63464)

You guys are much more organized than me. By the end of June I think half of my tacklebox joins me on the front deck of my boat. I have baits hung all around me (none on the floor though), probably numbers around 30 baits of all types hanging on the side in my carpet.

By mid July I still have the same number of baits around the sides of my boat, only it seems they have grown in size. The six inch baits turn into 8 inchers and sometimes 10's, and the smaller ones have found their way back in the box.

Fall is the only time the deck remains somewhat uncluttered, a few big cranks, jerks and gliders. By then the hair and topwater have found there way back into the cave for hibernation.
CiscoKid
Posted 3/12/2003 1:10 PM (#63488 - in reply to #63467)

Any lure I have intentions of fishing (confidence in the bait) is in the boat at all times. Lures I very rarely fish or never fish sit at home. Here are the key lures I use almost everytime on the water though.

Cisco Kid (usually perch)
Depth Raider
Ernie
8" & 10" Jakes
Triple D
Bagley DB06 & DB08
Shallow Invader
Jointed Shallow Raider (usually perch)
Bulldawg
Perch Undertaker
Mepps Musky Killer
Eagle Tail
Jackpot

It's not hard to tell I like crankbaits is it! However, with the list I have I can fish anything from right on shore to the deepest of water effectively.
sworrall
Posted 3/12/2003 1:15 PM (#63489 - in reply to #63488)

Mike, The lure you questioned is a Snodlow. It is a copy of the old Heddon Vamp Flaptail. I modified it with a stinger and a different tail and hanger. Now it's a 'Turd'.

Posted 3/12/2003 7:48 PM (#63541 - in reply to #63461)

oh man i'm feeling quite creative right now. I have a wine box that I got from a liquor store. I took out all the attachments and duct taped them so it would be stronger, and then pieced it back together. Then i duct taped the inside and out side, which made it waterproof. It worked well all year, except when i bought too many lures. I will need to make two more this year but that beats buying a regular one for around $75. I'm retiring last years box because the inside attachments are getting alittle flimsy. I carry around about 60 lures everywhere i go(all of my lures)
Krappie
Posted 3/13/2003 11:16 AM (#63584 - in reply to #63461)

I imagine some of the guys, that fish with me, would be snickering because I have a notorious habit of jamming a Krap load of baits in a box. But to tell you the truth the baits that I would typically rotate during the day would be as follows:

Mepps Killers and Magnums
9" weighted Suicks/Bobbies
Pearson's Grinders
Phantoms
Undertakers
Shallow Raider & Depth Raiders
Cisco Kids
8" and 10" Jakes
Triple D
TopRaider

If I can't catch fish on these I may as well go home.

catch ya later,
Krappie

Edited by Krappie 3/13/2003 11:20 AM