Bucktails
southern comfort
Posted 4/27/2014 9:44 AM (#708987)
Subject: Bucktails

I have been partial to the various sizes of cowgirls in the past. I am looking for feedback on the 3 sizes of Dadson blade baits. Thnx
Randy
Posted 4/27/2014 10:15 AM (#708992 - in reply to #708987)
Subject: RE: Bucktails

The double cowgirl is what started the twin 10 craze. Great bait no doubt. But in my honest opinion, I think people put too much hype into name brand. I've been making my own for 20 years. To say that any brand name will catch more fish than another is simply not true. Will "flash" out perform bucktail or marabou? Sometimes. Sometimes the reverse is true as well. My suggestion would be to have different brands with different material "skirts". The blades are basically the same. Otherwise save a bunch of money and start making them yourself. It's not that difficult and the reward of catching fish on something YOU made is a great feeling.

Don't over think the bait, over think the spot and presenting whatever it is you're throwing. Good luck this season!
jimjimjim
Posted 4/27/2014 12:45 PM (#709004 - in reply to #708987)

get the #9 blades in the "9MM Bullet" bucktail --- good stuff
Zib
Posted 4/27/2014 1:44 PM (#709009 - in reply to #708992)

Randy - 4/27/2014 11:15 AM The double cowgirl is what started the twin 10 craze. Great bait no doubt. But in my honest opinion, I think people put too much hype into name brand. I've been making my own for 20 years. To say that any brand name will catch more fish than another is simply not true. Will "flash" out perform bucktail or marabou? Sometimes. Sometimes the reverse is true as well. My suggestion would be to have different brands with different material "skirts". The blades are basically the same. Otherwise save a bunch of money and start making them yourself. It's not that difficult and the reward of catching fish on something YOU made is a great feeling. Don't over think the bait, over think the spot and presenting whatever it is you're throwing. Good luck this season!

Great post. I couldn't agree more.