ideas for locking down gear?
Netmaster
Posted 2/5/2014 10:39 PM (#689710)
Subject: ideas for locking down gear?

I am trying to figure out ways to lock down my gear from being stolen, I typically have a few lake wood boxes and 5 or 6 rods. I would want to make it a permanent lock down set up, a way to lock down the rods is the one that is really stumping me. any ideas would be appreciated thanks
5th lake Brad
Posted 2/6/2014 4:15 PM (#689849 - in reply to #689710)
Subject: RE: ideas for locking down gear?

If it's not out of sight , it can get stolen. Cordless grinder goes through any lock in seconds.
cast4musky
Posted 2/6/2014 9:23 PM (#689914 - in reply to #689710)
Subject: Re: ideas for locking down gear?

If you have a 12 volt Battery on your boat, how about a simple alarm system. Just mount a small car alarm siren to a spot under the dash panel or in a spot that is partially hidden... Now run a red wire from the siren directly to the batteries positive post, and then run a black wire from the negative of the battery to a spot on your boat Cover. Once that is done add a second black wire on your boat cover, twist it or tape them together that black wire has to go to one side of a on off switch. the other side of the on off switch wire should be black and goes to your batteries Negative post. Now when the two black wires are touched on the boat cover the siren alarm will Go On, when the wires are separated the Siren Alarm will go off ....... I soldered the end of each black boat cover wire to a very thin piece of tin about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. and epoxied each wire to the inside of a wooden spring loaded old clothespin. the clothespin is separated by a piece of thin plastic that is fastened to a string or strap fastened to the boat. to set open the clothespin and insert the separator plastic. When the cover is pulled off the separator will hold fast and the clothespin will close setting off the Siren alarm.... there are many ways of making clips or contacts for the cover ... this is just a cheap Idea...that does work
esoxaddict
Posted 2/6/2014 9:48 PM (#689924 - in reply to #689914)

It's pretty simple. Cover the boat. Decorate your carpeting with something that looks like blood. Leave a sign that says "Yes, that's blood. I shot the last mf'er who tried to steal stuff outta my boat. I know a dozen places where a rope and few cinder blocks will leave you under 100 feet of water, undiscovered. You sure you wanna steal my gear?"

cast4musky
Posted 2/6/2014 10:03 PM (#689927 - in reply to #689710)

lol Plug in the 220 V AC cord and put the white on a alligator clip on the rod handle... and put the black on the boats Aluminum floor........................That should do it.. when your lights Dim you caught em.......OH don't forget and try and take your rods out without unplugging the cord......
Netmaster
Posted 2/7/2014 12:13 AM (#689946 - in reply to #689710)

dam gotta go all the way to 220 !? will 110 work? I have actually thought about a alarm system... found steel mesh belt that should work to lock down rods.