Message Board Lingo
Jackbull
Posted 2/6/2003 7:27 PM (#58957)
Subject: Message Board Lingo

Hey you all,

Can someone explain to me what LMAO, LOL, BTTT and TTTT mean. I am new to the web and message boards and I see them from time to time. Just a little clairification would be greatly appreciated.

I am thinking that LMAO means Lame-O but...I don't want to use any terms in the wrong way. Thanks.

Jack Latrobe
Sponge
Posted 2/6/2003 8:23 PM (#58965 - in reply to #58957)
Subject: RE: Message Board Lingo

Welcome dude! I'm a La. native meself, in Va now...in fact fixed a pot of gumbo this evening for the next couple days. Hope you enjoy it here, I think you will; lots of good peeps etc. here, and I'm doing what I can to promote the finest food on earth, you already know it..____________! Fill in the blank!;)
WV Musky
Posted 2/6/2003 8:24 PM (#58966 - in reply to #58957)

LMAO - Laugh My A$$ Off
LOL - Laugh Out Loud, or i've also heard it Loser On-Line (not sure)

I don't know what the other two mean...good question
Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 2/6/2003 8:31 PM (#58968 - in reply to #58957)

BTT - Back To Top = to bring an old msg back tot he top of the board
TTT - To The Top = see above
EOM - End Of Message = used for puting the answer in the subject line but needing to put something in the message field
IMHO - In My Humble (or Honest) Opinion
ToddM
Posted 2/6/2003 8:35 PM (#58970 - in reply to #58957)

LMAO-laughing my butt off.
LOL-laughing out loud
BRB- be right back
BTTT-back to the top
TTT- to the top
BFI- garbage disposal company, what did you think I was going to say?
FLMAO- whan LMAO is even funnier
ROFLMAO- when it's so funny you come out of your chair.

Hope this helps.
Jackbull
Posted 2/6/2003 9:00 PM (#58972 - in reply to #58957)

Thanks y'all,

Makes more sense now. Glad you folks straightned me out before I went and embarassed myself.

Sponge, I don't know about you but I always fancied a big heaping bowl of Jambalaya. I love going to the Vieux Carr but not as much as fishing for Muskies, too many tourists nowadays. I hate that there is so much ice up North now. Can't wait until June.

Thanks Boys (and Ladies) for teaching an old dog some new lingo,

Jack latrobe
mavmskyb8
Posted 2/6/2003 9:33 PM (#58975 - in reply to #58957)

You forgot ICWTTDIM- I Can't Wait Till The Damn Ice Melts!!!
Sponge
Posted 2/7/2003 2:44 AM (#58996 - in reply to #58957)

DD!...NABOG!--Daggone dude!...Need a bowl of GRITS! Then some fried sac de lait...:)
Steve Van Lieshout
Posted 2/7/2003 6:56 AM (#59000 - in reply to #58996)

After hearing about your semi-problems in life, I believe that I have narrowed the source down to one thing!..... Grits!!
As soon as you ingest them, your world goes negative! They're intended use is, was, and always will be, to be placed under the tires to help attain traction in mud or snow!
Which is the reason you see the "DWASGTDGOAPTUTT" in so many stories about getting stuck!
"Dang, We Are Stuck, Get The Damn Grits Out Again And Put Them Under The Tires!"
Sponge, read the label on the Grits' packages, it says, "Not for human consumption!"
Sponge
Posted 2/7/2003 8:28 AM (#59014 - in reply to #58957)

Tsk tsk Steverino...GRITS are the all purpose grain! Though most Yanks put sugar on them and ruin them, butter, salt, pepper, a splash of garlic powder + Tabasco sauce turn a mundane breakfast/lunch/dinner into a dining experience few can handle! Now roll me a bowl....:O
mavmskyb8
Posted 2/7/2003 8:50 AM (#59016 - in reply to #58957)

Even better with some ground up pork sausage and cheese gracefully melted across the top. MMMMMMMMMMMM
Jackbull
Posted 2/7/2003 10:25 AM (#59026 - in reply to #58957)

Sponge,

Grits are as common in my house as the Eggo Waffles you Yankees keep in the fridge. Sorry Sponge to let you down on the grits angle. How about Jean Lafitte Crabs? The kind you eat I mean. Hey guys thanks again for the Internet as Second Language course.

Jack