2013 Abu Garcia revo sx
Posted 8/31/2013 12:22 AM (#660613)
Subject: 2013 Abu Garcia revo sx

Sorry if this has been asked before, my search isn't working for some reason. Anyways, i just purchased a 7:1:1 revo sx for my medium heavy bass rod.

I guess my question is, can my revo sx cast twin 10 lures without crunching the gears? From what i read, a revo sx has the same gear system as a revo winch (d2 brass gears) however the ratio is different. Mine is a 7:1:1 compared to a revo winch is 5:4:1 i believe.

I need a back up muskie reel and just wondering if could fit the bill. I know it cranks hard, i pulled a nice sized bass about 30 yards out of THICK grass today. I just don't want to risk burning out the gears. Thanks.
Ifishtolive
Posted 8/31/2013 8:51 AM (#660633 - in reply to #660613)
Subject: RE: 2013 Abu Garcia revo sx

As Ihave said before I have been using these reels since '08 for Shadillacs, Kickin 'n Minnows, 10" Kraves, 10" Modivators, Mag Hardheads, Crankbaits. They do well with 8 Blades, but 10's will work them over. The biggest thing is to thumb them into the water and swoop back to get the blades going then reel. The problem is engaging the reel in mid air to get the blades going upon entry in the water. Bass pro makes a power handle that is really nice on these reels. I would suggest 8's for these reels. You can burn them nicely without hurting the reel and with less fatigue. I have 3 Revo STX 6:1 I use for everything but 10's and pounders. And this spring bought an STX 7:1 for the 8's- love it! You can find good prices at ffo-tackle.com on these reels.
Good Luck!!
Posted 8/31/2013 3:19 PM (#660687 - in reply to #660613)
Subject: RE: 2013 Abu Garcia revo sx

^ hey thanks man, thats what i was wondering. I've already got a good reel for twin 10's so this should be fine as a backup, or throwing smaller lures.