Cisco Chain early October
Slimeball
Posted 8/21/2013 9:37 PM (#658732)
Subject: Cisco Chain early October

In the early stages of planning a trip to the Cisco Chain in early October of 2014. I have a few questions and any feedback is much appreciated.
Looking at Wilderness Bay Resort on Thousand Island, anyone familiar with this camp?
Targeting muskies and I like to cast but will give my dad a break and maybe do a little walleye fishing. How is the walleye fishing on the chain in the fall? pike?
May hire a guide (Bruce Becker) if funds allow at the time.
Will most likely take my dad to Bents for dinner a night or two. Any other supper clubs in the area worth going to?
I have not fished Northern Wisconsin since the 90's and my fathers never been there. I would like him to experience it at least once.
Thank's.
vegas492
Posted 8/22/2013 9:00 AM (#658787 - in reply to #658732)
Subject: Re: Cisco Chain early October

I stayed at Jays Resort, it was very nice. I think that Wilderness Bay is close by and I think I saw it from the water. It looked nice too.

For big fish, concentrate on Thousdand Island. There is some very, very deep water with structure next to it that you can work. All I've heard is how great Becker is on that Chain.

Big Lake has some weeds in the Bays, most are marked on the maps. There is plenty of structure everywhere to fish.

Love Bents Camp. Great menu. Forest Lake Country Store has a good breakfast up that way.

Edited by vegas492 8/22/2013 9:01 AM
jimjimjim
Posted 8/22/2013 9:02 AM (#658788 - in reply to #658732)
Subject: RE: Cisco Chain early October

WildernessBay is a great resort ,,, hire BruceBecker for musky and walleye ,,, you will need a michigan fishing license ,,,, use double cowgirls (silver blades/blue&white tail) and a perch or cisco colored Suick ----- the biggest muskies are in 1000 Island and Big Lakes on the chain ----- jimjimjim
schleprock82
Posted 8/22/2013 8:32 PM (#658943 - in reply to #658732)

Stayed at Jay's resort three years ago and fished with Bruce. You can actually walk to the boat launch from Jay's to meet Bruce. He is a lot of fun and a wealth of knowledge. I hope to fish with him again sometime!
Hoosierbaits
Posted 8/27/2013 11:21 AM (#659857 - in reply to #658943)

First musky came on the cisco chain. Wilderness Bay resort is a great place, good people. Lots of different water on this chain.