Boulder Junction suckers
icepro680
Posted 8/21/2013 4:54 PM (#658690)
Subject: Boulder Junction suckers

I have an upcoming fall trip to Boulder Junction. I am wondering what is the best place there to get suckers, quality and price considered, and should i or do i need to preorder them, thanks.
Bucky_Musky
Posted 8/21/2013 7:48 PM (#658708 - in reply to #658690)
Subject: RE: Boulder Junction suckers

IcePro, I just got back from Boulder Junction today actually and the gas station (forgot the name) right in town before you turn onto the main drag had musky suckers for $6/each. The sports shop right on the drag wanted around $8/each I think and seemed to be pretty overpriced on lures as well.
Peter Stoltman
Posted 8/21/2013 9:13 PM (#658725 - in reply to #658690)
Subject: Re: Boulder Junction suckers

Wherever you decide to go, realize that there is usually a price variant between shops that sell pond raised suckers and those who get wild (trapped) suckers. Not sure that's the case in Boulder but knowing the bait business pretty well, there is for sure a difference between a store that sells some bait as a convenience for customers (hence the term convenience store) and a sport shop that depends on sales of bait and tackle to sustain their business year round. I have shopped at both businesses mentioned and they're both good establishments but, I don't buy gas at bait shops and I don't buy bait at gas stations. Two different kinds of business in my opinion.
dabeljr
Posted 8/21/2013 9:35 PM (#658731 - in reply to #658690)
Subject: RE: Boulder Junction suckers

Northern Highland Sport Shop in Boulder Junction is your best bet. In St. Germain, near Boulder Junction, go to Rays Landing on the east side of Highway 155 by Subway and Camps Grocery. If you are in Sayner (I have a cabin there) between Boulder Junction and St. Germain, stop at the Furnace & Fireplace Store. The Sayner Fireplace Store also sells live bait. You can't miss the store as it is opposite the Sayner Pub (great pizza) and has a tent in front of it. I hope this assists. Figure8.
landyr
Posted 8/22/2013 3:54 PM (#658889 - in reply to #658690)
Subject: Re: Boulder Junction suckers

If you're in Boulder Junction, Northern Highland is your best best. If you're headed up near Manitowish Waters, Town Line Sports on Hwy 51 is the best along with fishing advice.