Neon Orange line?
Posted 8/15/2013 8:54 AM (#657517)
Subject: Neon Orange line?

Looking to put some neon orange suffix on my rods. Has anyone used this line? Do the fish seem bothered by the brighter line? Thanks for the help, have always used white prior too. Just looking to change it up.
muskie! nut
Posted 8/15/2013 10:43 AM (#657534 - in reply to #657517)
Subject: Re: Neon Orange line?

Let's think this out. I've caught them on figure 8s with most of the rod in the water so i doubt using that line with make much of a difference.

I also used gold Stren some 35 yrs ago while spin fishing for trout. I caught plenty of them. I was able to watch my line and even using the rod to cast over a hanging branch and snap the line, allowing the line to lay on the water, when pulling taunt the lure would run under the branch where the trout lay.

Will also add it will make it easier for you to see the end of the line and judge when you need to get to your figure 8s.

I use mainl white for this reason. Of course my vision is limited so it help a lot.
esoxaddict
Posted 8/15/2013 10:55 AM (#657537 - in reply to #657517)

It's been my experience that whatever color your line is only winds up all over your hands and rod cork. If you want hulk hands, go with green. If you want to look like you murdered the pink friggin' panther, go with red. The bronzeback line doesn't show up much on your hands, especially if you've got a good tan going. While I've never tried neon orange, my guess is that it would leave your hands a similar color as when you try to eat Cheetos in the boat on a rainy day.

As for it scaring the fish? If you're lure doesn't scare them away, your line probably won't either.
muskie! nut
Posted 8/15/2013 1:08 PM (#657557 - in reply to #657537)

esoxaddict - 8/15/2013 10:55 AM
neon orange, my guess is that it would leave your hands a similar color as when you try to eat Cheetos in the boat on a rainy day.

LOL!!!!!
cast10K
Posted 8/15/2013 1:39 PM (#657564 - in reply to #657517)
Subject: RE: Neon Orange line?

I think it was Doug Stange who said he wished there was bright neon line for muskie fishing, that way the fish would know his lure would be along shortly.