Unreal Afternoon Trip...had to share....
vegas492
Posted 8/12/2013 9:37 AM (#656922)
Subject: Unreal Afternoon Trip...had to share....

Had one of those BNelson trips this past weekend up north....

Woke up at 5:00 and fished the ER Chain for about five hours. Washed baits only. No moved fish. Had a great lunch/bfast at Leif's Cafe, then went home for a little power nap. Woke up and hit a little lake for a quick trip.

Launched on a lake I hadn't fished for a about ten years. Raised four fish quickly, then went back to re-run the spot and show em something different. I put on a tube, then I gave a Shallow Invader to my buddy while my other buddy threw topwater to the weeds. I was fishing the other side of the boat and didn't have that tube on for more than 5 casts when I got a 34.

Five minutes later, I missed what felt like a good one on the end of the cast. I gave my topwater buddy another tube and I gave my Invader buddy a bulldawg. Soon I missed another while my dog buddy had one on about 38 that got to the boat and spit the hooks.

Then my buddy in the front of the boat stuck a 37. Then a 40.5. I got a 37. Then he finished the trip with a 36.

We fished that lake for about four hours. 6 follows. 8 hits. 5 hit the net.

I think we were obviously there at the right time, but I think the slow moving tube was the key.

It has been a while since I've had action like that in Vilas. Guess I need to fish more lakes with awful landings!

sworrall
Posted 8/12/2013 9:41 AM (#656923 - in reply to #656922)
Subject: Re: Unreal Afternoon Trip...had to share....

The fishing was really good this weekend. I fished muskies for about 1.5 hours yesterday evening, saw 4 and boated two in 4 casts. Quit and fished pannies for dinner, and the muskies were still going.
KenK
Posted 8/12/2013 9:54 AM (#656925 - in reply to #656922)

Rubber seemed to rule this weekend. My son was throwing a black tube and caught a 41 incher and moved quite a few others. My other son was throwing a killer eel and also scored. Dad was not throwing a tube or an eel and was skunked.

Edited by KenK 8/12/2013 9:55 AM
BNelson
Posted 8/12/2013 10:27 AM (#656931 - in reply to #656922)

congrats, sounds like a fun day.
vegas492
Posted 8/12/2013 10:28 AM (#656932 - in reply to #656922)

See, that is why I posted. It will be interesting to see if more people chime in with rubber bait success from this past weekend.

We had a front stall over us when the fish were going a little crazy. We didn't get the rain or wind, but the front was certainly close by.