T's Tackle vs. Muskie Bumper
CnR_Angler
Posted 8/5/2013 9:14 AM (#655525)
Subject: T's Tackle vs. Muskie Bumper

I am looking for a bump board. I did a quick search and read through some of the previous posts on the forums and it seems like T's tackle or Muskie Bumper is the way to go if you want to buy a bump board. I didn't see anyone posting any reasons why they like one over the other. If you've seen/used them both, what do you like better about one or the other?

I'm leaning towards T's tackle because i like the fact that the corner is on the left side. That seems more natural to me for measuring fish.

Any thoughts appreciated!
timhutson1
Posted 8/5/2013 9:55 AM (#655532 - in reply to #655525)
Subject: RE: T's Tackle vs. Muskie Bumper

You can get the Muskie Bumper in left or right handed models. I just about ordered one last night but they wouldn't let me put in a separate shipping address.
muskyhunter47
Posted 8/5/2013 11:03 AM (#655548 - in reply to #655532)
Subject: Re: T's Tackle vs. Muskie Bumper

just a thought just encase makes one with glow in dark read out very nice
Chuckin Baits
Posted 8/5/2013 11:06 AM (#655550 - in reply to #655525)

I've got a T's Tackle bumpboard, works great. They are built well and I'm on my second season with no signs of wear. I would get the XL one.
CnR_Angler
Posted 8/5/2013 11:38 AM (#655556 - in reply to #655525)

You're right..I just saw that you can order right or left handed ones from Muskie Bumper. So, that reasoning is gone.

I've looked at the Just EnCase model, but I can't see spending $140 on a bump board (even though I got a Just EnCase tackle box last week as a gift and it's great!).

One thing that I like about the T's tackle is that it's printed directly on the material, no sticker. Does anyone know if that's the same for Muskie Bumper's boards? Couldn't find that info on the website.
Boards
Posted 8/5/2013 12:13 PM (#655563 - in reply to #655525)

Muskie Bumper came up with the original hinge design that they both use. Muskie Bumper is printed on heavy vinyl where as Ts is printed onto the board. Ive been told that the vinyl will hold up better in the long run. If you have a digital logo Muskie Bumper can also customize it for you as well as make it in right or left handed models.
Imobley
Posted 8/5/2013 1:51 PM (#655587 - in reply to #655525)

i assume both are great, but i do know I had my muskie bumper long before T's came out with theirs and and at the end of each season when i take it out of the boat and wash the slime off, it looks as good as the day i bought it
ranger6
Posted 8/5/2013 8:56 PM (#655657 - in reply to #655556)

T's tackle is very well made. The printing directly on the board is very nice and will last the life of the board; which should be forever unless I back over it...I went with T's tackle and love it.
VonBraun
Posted 8/6/2013 9:23 AM (#655721 - in reply to #655525)

The one thing I like about T's Tackle that I didn't get with the muskie bumper was that it has 0-30" on the outside when folded which makes measuring walleyes or northern to determine if they're in a slot or not quick and easy, no need to open the thing up to measure a <30" fish so its more multifunctional.
carl
Posted 8/6/2013 12:01 PM (#655747 - in reply to #655721)

VonBraun - 8/6/2013 9:23 AM The one thing I like about T's Tackle that I didn't get with the muskie bumper was that it has 0-30" on the outside when folded which makes measuring walleyes or northern to determine if they're in a slot or not quick and easy, no need to open the thing up to measure a <30" fish so its more multifunctional.

on my muskie bumper it can be folded either way (so that the first half #'s are exposed or covered). 

MikeHulbert
Posted 8/7/2013 12:13 AM (#655880 - in reply to #655525)

I remember the day the Muskie Bumper boys met me in the Lowe's parking lot to show me their new bump board...wanted my opinion and wanted to know if it was high quality....it took me about 5 seconds to see that Mark and Tony with Muskie Bumper were serious about high quality and ACCURATE bump boards. Just a little bit down the road, I told them to "make it bigger, wider..." and the "Fat Boy" was released....which is the best board on the market. Tony and Mark are great guys, make a high quality product and I will continue to use and promote Muskie Bumper Boards as they set the standard and have the best available options. There is no other bump board on the market that compares.
dfkiii
Posted 8/7/2013 8:26 AM (#655911 - in reply to #655525)

I've had the musky bumper for years and agree that it's a high quality product. When I was in the market for a board years ago, there were two available and the bumper guys won my business with a superior product and great customer service.

I doubt I'll ever have to buy another, but if I do it will be another musky bumper.
CnR_Angler
Posted 8/12/2013 1:49 PM (#656973 - in reply to #655525)

Is the Muskie Bumper made entirely of plastic/vinyl, or is it wood with the ruler printed on Vinyl attached to the board?