How is this cool weather affecting the fishing?
Jeremy
Posted 7/31/2013 11:47 AM (#654744)
Subject: How is this cool weather affecting the fishing?

I am heading up to the Cisco Chain next week and was wondering how this cool weather is affecting the fish/fishing? We will be targeting musky, pike, walleye, and smallmouth.

Are the fish active or have the fish went to deeper water and slowed down? Dont need any specifics on the Cisco Chain just some general consensus in the area.

Thanks guys
vegas492
Posted 7/31/2013 1:38 PM (#654774 - in reply to #654744)
Subject: Re: How is this cool weather affecting the fishing?

I was up in that area last weekend. Fished on Friday right before the cold front hit. Moved some enormous fish and my dad had a big girl try to hit a topwater and miss. Weedline fish. Then the wind/cold/rain came in and I wasn't able to get out for the next three days.

Water temps on the surface were 68-69 degrees. I'm guessing that they will be warmer when you get up there.
But I would think that as long as the weather pattern is stable, you should find some muskies in the weedlines due to the cooler water temps.

That is for muskies. Walleyes, I've heard, have been tougher this year too. I'd hit the rock humps in 12-18 feet of water in the evening for walleyes. Jig and leech, jig and crawler and jig and minnow. Gotta find out what they want. I'd probably start with crawler.

Good luck up there. I love that chain. Very, very beautiful.