See, it's not just musky fisherman....
Ja Rule
Posted 7/29/2013 10:00 AM (#654207)
Subject: See, it's not just musky fisherman....

...in the USA that question the claimed size of others fish.

http://news.yahoo.com/russians-smell-something-fishy-putins-latest-...

Edited by Ja Rule 7/29/2013 10:07 AM
Herb_b
Posted 7/29/2013 12:54 PM (#654244 - in reply to #654207)
Subject: Re: See, it's not just musky fisherman....

Umm, yeah. I see why the Russians question the size of that fish. Its a really nice fish, but 46 lbs? I don't know.

Next thing our president will claim he caught a 47 lb Pike and start a cold Pike war. We will see entire government agencies created so we can beat them to the next world record. We will see posters for the first to achieve a 50 lb Pike and the fishermen and biologists that manage to find and catch such a Pike will become household names. Wait, didn't we all kind of do that with NASA and the moon? Never mind.....
gtp888
Posted 7/29/2013 1:27 PM (#654249 - in reply to #654244)
Subject: Re: See, it's not just musky fisherman....

Herb_b - 7/29/2013 12:54 PM Umm, yeah. I see why the Russians question the size of that fish. Its a really nice fish, but 46 lbs? I don't know. Next thing our president will claim he caught a 47 lb Pike and start a cold Pike war. We will see entire government agencies created so we can beat them to the next world record. We will see posters for the first to achieve a 50 lb Pike and the fishermen and biologists that manage to find and catch such a Pike will become household names. Wait, didn't we all kind of do that with NASA and the moon? Never mind.....

"I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of catching a 47 pound Pike and returning it safely to the water."   

I DO recall JFK claiming something along these lines anyway.