Dingbat
muskie tamer
Posted 6/13/2013 9:07 PM (#646438)
Subject: Dingbat

Has anyone tryed the big mama dingbat, yet if so how is it and whats it sound like?
FishingFool
Posted 6/14/2013 7:04 AM (#646483 - in reply to #646438)
Subject: RE: Dingbat

Yup,sounds like 2 blades clicking together.IMHO, some globes sound much better and louder. I could not get the blades to "thump" the way I like em, but a unique sound,more of a tin clink sound ?. Good bait,VERY well constructed,large profile and a different sound then anything else in my tackle box. Get 1 or 3,try em out and let the fish decide...Paul
Brad P
Posted 6/14/2013 8:54 AM (#646506 - in reply to #646438)
Subject: Re: Dingbat

When you look at it you will think "Globe/Pacemaker" hybrid. To some extent it is, but it doesn't have that characteristic click. It has more a whirling sound with some subtle high frequency clicks. Runs very clean and low in the water and as the above poster said, it has a very unique and different sound. Tom puts a lot of heart and soul into his lures. He sold me one of his Dingbat prototypes this winter and when I tested it, it didn't run up to his standards. He replaced on the spot, no charge. Incidentally, I think that prototype would have also caught fish, but he wouldn't let me keep it.