LOTWs chip
dougj
Posted 5/20/2013 7:34 PM (#642388)
Subject: LOTWs chip

Is anyone using the Navionics Canadian premium chip on the LOTWs? If so, does it cover all of the Ontario side without missing parts of the lake that haven't been surveyed? What is the depth scale?

Got a new GPS coming and need a new chip the way it looks, but it's hard to find out which one does the best job. Needs to be micro SD card. Try calling Lowrance and finding out!!

Thanks,

Doug Johnson 

Musky Brian
Posted 5/23/2013 2:25 PM (#642897 - in reply to #642388)
Subject: RE: LOTWs chip

Doug did you get the Elite 7?

Having the same concern, making sure I want to get the right fit and just noticed it has to be an SD card. If anyone could chime in here that would be great
dougj
Posted 5/23/2013 4:41 PM (#642920 - in reply to #642388)
Subject: RE: LOTWs chip

Brian:

Yep, Elite-7 HDI, which takes a micro chip so none of my old chips will work. 

Called Thorne and they recommended the Navionic Canadian Premium. Heading to Mpls next week and will take a look at what that chip shows. Another one is Jeppesen C-Map NA-N048 called Canadian lakes. This is a new chip for Jeppesen as far as I can tell. I've had several C-Map chips. One was very accurate, the other not so good. I think they are based on the old Hydrographic maps and not any actual soundings, but could be wrong. I'm going to try a find one of these in Mpls also, they could be O.K. Looked at the Hot Maps chip, and it has lots of missing areas, like the LakeMaster.

Doug Johnson