LOTW
Larbo
Posted 5/15/2013 4:21 PM (#641583)
Subject: LOTW

What area of LOTW has the best musky fishing. What area has the least or most pressure.

Thanks, Larbo
Matt DeVos
Posted 5/15/2013 10:19 PM (#641638 - in reply to #641583)
Subject: Re: LOTW

Sabaskong and the NW Angle probably are the best general areas for overall population density. But there are decent numbers of muskies pretty much throughout the lake, (with the exception of the Big Traverse).

Pressure-wise, the Angle probably gets hit the hardest. But with so much water you can always find your own personal milkrun.
Musky Brian
Posted 5/15/2013 10:23 PM (#641639 - in reply to #641583)
Subject: RE: LOTW

best? not really sure there is such a thing. Generally, the Whitefish Bay area is considered the "toughest" part by most anglers. Most people do very well in the Angle, Sabaskong, Big Narrows, etc...

Pressure should be fairly even most times, but a week in the Angle that coincides with the Musky Hunter School ( and sometimes Muskies Inc outings during the same week) in either mid or late July can sometimes make you have to do a little boat dodging on some of the premiere spots.
gmanny1
Posted 5/16/2013 2:59 PM (#641743 - in reply to #641639)
Subject: RE: LOTW

Clearwater Bay west of Kenora on the North West end of the lake! Ash Rapids Lodge has no other lodge around except for one down in Shoal lake.None around for many miles and has awesome fishing as well.No pressure at all.I've seen boats from Totem and Wiley down in Shoal Narrows.They drive like 40 or 50 miles to get to Ash.That should tell you something! Great owners as well and cheap! GL
GMan!
IAJustin
Posted 5/16/2013 3:17 PM (#641744 - in reply to #641743)

IMO - there is no pressure on the angle LOTW - occasionally is there a spot I wouldn't mind fishing but pass cause there is a boat?.. sure, but there are 100 more spots I want to fish within 5 miles, no matter where you are on the lake. I just laugh when some bone head comes and start fishing 100 yards away from me on LOTW .. I couldn't fish every spot I want to fish if I was up for the whole month of July
Doonan
Posted 5/16/2013 6:50 PM (#641773 - in reply to #641583)

Only time I feel there aren't enough spots is when the wind really blows. Always pays to fish the secondary structure when the fish are being pressured. Nevertheless, last august some prime spots on the main track that have been burned out the last five years seemed to come alive again. I don't know if it was coincidence or if people were over looking the prime spots due to perceived pressure.