costa hinge question
bigfoot
Posted 3/30/2013 6:02 PM (#630816)
Subject: costa hinge question

i found a pair of costa glasses that fit my wierd shaped head pretty well and just want some quick input

if i want to wear them with those short neoprene cords to wear them around my neck when not on my face, should I not buy a pair that has integral hinges and get a spring hinged model? ive had other nice sunglasses with integral style hinges that cannot be worn with those cords cause they hyperextend the hinge and end up breaking.

anyone have any experience and input on costa frames/hinges?
anzomcik
Posted 3/30/2013 8:43 PM (#630840 - in reply to #630816)
Subject: Re: costa hinge question

I cant speak for your weird head, but I also have a weird head and I have no issues with not haveing the joints needing a overexteding hinge.

It really come down to how tight does the frame fit your face, and how careful are you going to be with removing them from your head.

I have Fantom frames with 580G lenses, not a cheap pair of glasses so I take extra care of those. I treat them better than my old $9.99 pair of walmart specials.

If you think you need to have the hinge model than get them. If my glasses were perscription i wore all the time then I would have the hinge, but I wear mine driving and most outdoor activitys that will not put my glasses in danger.
TC24
Posted 3/30/2013 11:58 PM (#630862 - in reply to #630840)
Subject: Re: costa hinge question

anzomcik - 3/30/2013 8:43 PM

I cant speak for your weird head, but I also have a weird head and I have no issues with not haveing the joints needing a overexteding hinge.

It really come down to how tight does the frame fit your face, and how careful are you going to be with removing them from your head.

I have Fantom frames with 580G lenses, not a cheap pair of glasses so I take extra care of those. I treat them better than my old $9.99 pair of walmart specials.

If you think you need to have the hinge model than get them. If my glasses were perscription i wore all the time then I would have the hinge, but I wear mine driving and most outdoor activitys that will not put my glasses in danger.

X2