Shimano Clarus rod--Correct Forum this time
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 12/31/2012 10:53 AM (#606323)
Subject: Shimano Clarus rod--Correct Forum this time

I put this in the wrong Forum before and didn't get much help, so I am reposting it in the correct Forum.

Does anyone have any info/experience with a Shimano's Clarus rod for musky, It's listed as a Salmon/Steelhead rod. A friend of mine who is a buyer at a sporting goods store can get me a 2 piece Heavy 8'6" with an extra fast tip for cost. We are both in Arkansas and he can order it to the store, so I won't have to pay shipping, which is a plus. But, they don't carry it at the store, so I cannot see it before buying it. Specs look OK, but it does have a shorter handle and the handle also looks thin. I also don't know about an extra fast tip, I've only used fast tips. I have to stick with 2 piece rods as I travel in a car to meet my musky addiction.

I am not looking for recommendations on other rods. I have a TI XH 2 piece and another 8' 1 piece that I keep at my moms in MN. I need another 2 piece that I can use for a few spring trip to southern musky waters. Any feedback is appreciated.