Lure Epoxy coats
Turkeyt
Posted 11/27/2012 9:41 AM (#599759)
Subject: Lure Epoxy coats

Guys, what are your favorite epoxy topcoats and how do you apply them? What type of method do you use for hanging or turning your lure waiting for epoxy to dry. Some folks on here probably do not have any idea where to start and any info would help get them on track. Probably myself, need some pointers also. Thanks, Tite lines
ShutUpNFish
Posted 11/27/2012 10:11 AM (#599768 - in reply to #599759)
Subject: Re: Lure Epoxy coats

Envirotex Lite is what I use. Alot of tweaking and figuring out how to get that finish to be as close to perfect as possible is necessary through trial and error. Everyone has their methodology and whats comfortable to them...I think its best to find out what yours is through experimentation and research combined.

I feel a turner is essential for a nice even coating...There are tons of different ideas...mine is simple and I use bull clips to hold my baits on the plywood wheels.
Turkeyt
Posted 11/27/2012 10:19 AM (#599770 - in reply to #599768)
Subject: Re: Lure Epoxy coats

ShutUpNFish - 11/27/2012 10:11 AM

Envirotex Lite is what I use. Alot of tweaking and figuring out how to get that finish to be as close to perfect as possible is necessary through trial and error. Everyone has their methodology and whats comfortable to them...I think its best to find out what yours is through experimentation and research combined.

I feel a turner is essential for a nice even coating...There are tons of different ideas...mine is simple and I use bull clips to hold my baits on the plywood wheels.

I have some battery op. motors i got from snack displays that work well on turning lures.