Thanks!!
Brett Waldera
Posted 11/6/2012 1:43 PM (#596355)
Subject: Thanks!!

It's that time of year again...lots of excitement about the recent MN State Record muskie that was released. I know the last few years there have been fish of this caliber that anglers have graciously release with hopes that they will grow even bigger and someone else will have the opportunity to catch them. I always see my fellow anglers congratulating the anglers and guides... but I personally think it goes alot further. There are alot of people behind the scenes that spend alot of their personal time promoting a better fishery for all to enjoy...and do it for the love of the sport and fish.

THANK YOU!!!! to the MN DNR, MN Muskies Inc Chapters, MN Muskies and Pike Association, and the numerous muskie anglers who devote time to the promotion and preservation of this fish...you know who you are so I am not going to mention names! Thank You also to Muskie First for being the social media conduit that helps disseminate information on catch and release practices and education for better muskie angling.

For the die-hards breaking ice, testing equipment, testing their will, and testing their marriages...best of luck to you!!! Stick a fat one this fall and let her go!!

Brett Waldera
Propster
Posted 11/6/2012 3:58 PM (#596380 - in reply to #596355)
Subject: Re: Thanks!!

Well said. And I appreciate not hearing "I would have bonked that one for sure" or "why didn't you kill that one so we could have a new record" in all the replies to that post. Not that I would hold it against you (well I might a little) and not that you may not have every right to do so, but we don't really need to hear it. And that's just my opinion but it was good to just see plain old congratulations on a job well done and thanks for letting her go. Hopefully some youngster, or even a an old youngster, puts her in the bag when she's even bigger!
Posted 11/6/2012 4:55 PM (#596389 - in reply to #596355)
Subject: RE: Thanks!!

Agreed!!! Can't wait to see one MUCH bigger I'm the near future cause it will happen.
thinkfish
Posted 11/6/2012 7:39 PM (#596408 - in reply to #596355)

Wish we could get people to realize that on green bay instad of keeping them at 50".
ESOX Maniac
Posted 11/6/2012 9:37 PM (#596417 - in reply to #596408)

thinkfish - 11/6/2012 7:39 PM

Wish we could get people to realize that on green bay instad of keeping them at 50".

Do you feel better now?

Al
Mr Musky
Posted 11/6/2012 10:01 PM (#596421 - in reply to #596355)
Subject: Re: Thanks!!

Well said Brett, you guys certainley have something special over there!
Macgruber Point
Posted 11/7/2012 4:41 PM (#596628 - in reply to #596355)

Well said indeed Waldo. Most of the guys like yourself who are at the forefront of getting new lakes stocked, or getting current lakes stocked with more fish etc don't get much in the way of thanks from all of us who get to go out and catch 50s! So thank you too Brett, and all the Muskies Inc guys, DNR guys who are really the reason we have such great opportunities in MN.