Tuffy.....don't say NEVER!

Posted 12/2/2002 1:45 PM (#7131)
Subject: Tuffy.....don't say NEVER!

Don't jinx em......you never know. They could go under at anytime....Didn't Champion go under?

Posted 12/2/2002 2:09 PM (#52060)

CJ-

Champion didnt go belly up. They were chapt 11 or something and then were bought by Genmar. Yes the same Manufacturer of boats that Ranger sold out to. I beleive they bought Champion to use its hi-tech mfg facilities to improve the overall fit and ride of the RANGER line of boats.

Posted 12/2/2002 2:28 PM (#52061)

Actually, Champ DID go out of business, by any standard. My Dad lives in Mountain Home, and sent me several news accounts of the mess associated with the company. Take my word for it, Genmar did not buy Champion for the facility there. [:0]

Tuffy is a division of Fiberdome, Inc out of Lake Mills, Wisconsin. The company doesn't need to sell boat one to be JUST fine, so there is absolutley no merit to the rumors of "Tuffy" going under.

If anyone out there wants to confirm how the company is doing, give them a call. I am certain they will be happy to clear up nay misconceptions.

Posted 12/2/2002 2:46 PM (#52062)

Champion's assets were purchased out of recievership from the bankruptcy court for pennies by Irwin Jacob's Genmar. I read a while back on www.boatbiz.com that he intened to use the assets (no mention of keeping them there) to produce more salt water boats under the Ranger brand and would continue manufacturing the Champion brand possibly out of the Javelin plant.

Posted 12/2/2002 3:18 PM (#52063)

What do you have to say now, RH? Or is that CD (Comanche Diril)?
Why don't you dump that loser, I mean Champion, and get yourself a boat that you can REALLY run hot in!? Maybe a Baja, or a cigarette boat. Although, it would be tuff to release a muskie from one of them boats. Oh, but that's right, you don't have to worry about that....... you don't put any fish in your boat anyway! HA HA
By the way, when's the big day for you and the lady?

Posted 12/2/2002 3:53 PM (#52064)

Worrall is correct...with all the other interests...Fiberdome could build 5 boats a year and never be out of business...

They build about 100 a year right now and will continue to do so.

Posted 12/7/2002 2:49 PM (#52065)

100 boats? Cost Efficient?

VERY, anon, VERY. Fiberdome uses as much resin on any given day as some of the largest boat builders out there. It is applied in products as sophistcated as Environmental Oil Water Seperators, Duck Boats,US Postal Service Mail Sorting equipment, Tuffy Boats, and may more products industrial and recreational in nature. Look at the cost of a 1760, a 1990, and an Esox Mag, add them up, then divide by three, and multiply by 100. Add trailers, motors, and rigging materials, and total the figures up.

A business the size of Fiberdome would be pretty happy to have a division cranking out about $2,000,000 gross sales.

Of course, 200 would be better. So would 300.

Just 2 cents worth from a guy who used to work there!