Renting a Cabin on LOTW??
Muskyfreak44
Posted 9/11/2012 9:49 PM (#584082)
Subject: Renting a Cabin on LOTW??

Does anyone have any experience with renting an island cabin that sleeps 10 on Lake of the Woods? I would like to be somewhere within a few miles of Wiley point if possible. The kicker would be renting boats, I would need to rent 5 of them. Does anyone have any experience doing this or at least help steer me in the right direction. I appreciate any help you can provide!
Musky Brian
Posted 9/11/2012 10:27 PM (#584098 - in reply to #584082)
Subject: RE: Renting a Cabin on LOTW??

boat rentals are hard to come by up there period, yet alone renting them away from a resort...Thats going to be really tough to pull off
Southshore
Posted 9/12/2012 9:52 AM (#584179 - in reply to #584098)

I live at the Angle during the summer, and I only know of resorts renting boats to their own guests. When one gets near to Wiley Point there are not many cabins let alone 5 boats to rent. However, there are several resorts up that way which could provide all you need. Wiley Point Resort is on and a few miles farther north is Crow Rock Lodge; both should be able to provide cabins and boats. It is only a 20 minute boat ride to the Narrows from the mainland at the Angle; and Wiley Point is just 5 minutes up the lake. There are many highly productive spots in between the mainland and Wiley Point, and most have less pressure.

Edited by Southshore 9/12/2012 9:54 AM
IAJustin
Posted 9/12/2012 10:05 AM (#584183 - in reply to #584179)
Subject: Re: Renting a Cabin on LOTW??

Call Wiley Point. They have an outpost camp in a great section of the lake. I'm sure they would be happy to rent you boats....there is usually three or four boats on this outpost all summer http://www.totemresorts.com/french.html

dougj
Posted 9/12/2012 5:02 PM (#584271 - in reply to #584082)

As far as I know there are no private cabins that are rentable anywhere near Wiley Point. There are some cabins farther north, but not many in this area, If anyone is renting them is another question. I've never seen any adds for any cabins for rent in this area. Some of the Realtors in the area may have access to private cabins that are for rent, but I don't know of any off hand.

I would guess that your best chance to get a room to sleep in and a boat to ride around in is to go to a resort. About the only resort in the area that would have five rental boats would be Wiley. Most of the resorts in the Angle part of the lake don't have rental boats or only have a couple and don't rent to people who aren't staying at their resort. I'm pretty sure Wiley wouldn't rent you a boat if you weren't staying there as well.

Wiley does have an Outpost cabin that possibly sleeps ten, but it's a long ways from Wiley Point, and I'll bet that ten would be a crowd as it's not that big a cabin.

Doesn't sound like a doable plan to me.

Doug Johnson
gmanny1
Posted 9/12/2012 6:59 PM (#584291 - in reply to #584082)
Subject: Re: Renting a Cabin on LOTW??

Call Tannis at AshRapids Lodge.Their place is west of Kenora and has awesome fishing.No other resort around and they have a big cabin for ten-12 people all by itself on their island with it,s own pier and they rent boats. I,ve been there close to 20 times for a reason.PM me if you want some info.GL