Migizi Rods
esox51
Posted 8/30/2012 2:32 PM (#581765)
Subject: Migizi Rods

Hey everyone wanted to see if I could get some opinions from those of you who have used Vince's line of rods? They look like quality built rods but just wanted to get some feedback and comparisons if possible. Thanks
jasonvkop
Posted 8/30/2012 5:39 PM (#581807 - in reply to #581765)
Subject: Re: Migizi Rods

Very good rods! I used his XXH rod to throw pounders and it handled them without any problems. Had a really nice backbone to it, but still had a softish tip which was nice for long casts. I believe the rods have a lifetime gaurantee on them as well which is amazing.
Ronix
Posted 8/31/2012 7:34 AM (#581872 - in reply to #581765)

I just received my 9'3XH from Vince and can't wait to get out with it this weekend...excellent work and like mentioned above its got a great backbone to it with some give in the tip so you can still get some load yet chuck big baits easily. I was out casting 12" shadzillas and tubes with ease in the pond with it! I highly recommend it and Vince was excellent to deal with and easy to communicate with
Sam Ubl
Posted 8/31/2012 8:12 AM (#581878 - in reply to #581765)

I throw an 8' H and a 9'6" XXH from Vince's High Modulous series. The first thing that won me over were the stainless steel guides. In the past I've had plastic eyelits crack and be abrasive to my line to the point where you could visibly see the fraying... Fork up another $30 to be respooled. The smoothness of the stanless steel guides makes me feel so much better when I'm throwing, not to mention their thin and VERY light. Some rods are built heavy to begin with, and the extra weight of the big thick plastic guides only makes it more noticable when you compare one of the Migizi rods with the thin stainless guides.

I also throw a LOT of rubber and bigger blades. I can't argue with what's already been said above when it comes to how easy it is to catapult big rubber, and it's a real back saver on the retrieves, too. The rod does the work for you, no need to put all the motion into the rips like you would with a rod that doesn't have the backbone like the high modulous series rods do. Put it this way, throwing and working a Mag Dawg is comparitive to throwing and working a regular dawg - you hardly feel it.

I also jigged Bondy baits for up to 9 hours straight without a break, darn near falling asleep at the wheel, with my 9'6" XXH. Talk about a perfect rig for that type of fishing! It takes a light weight rig with a stiff backbone to the rod and a fast tip to make that type of fishing less painful. I can talk about these rods all day long, they're that much of a staple in my boat!
vrmln tr
Posted 8/31/2012 8:54 AM (#581889 - in reply to #581765)

I got one of Vince's 9'3"XH when he did that special a couple months ago, and It is an awesome rod. I haven't chucked any rubber with it, due to when I have been fishing, but let me say it is awesome for large blades Supermodels, Glittertails, and Cowgirls. I paired mine with a PG Tranx and I couldn't be happier. The rod has great backbone, and loads up to throw the baits very well. I also like how well it feels during figure 8's, most times when you have a rod that loads up and throws baits well it wants to load up and give in the figure 8, This rod doesn't do that.. REally solid rod and great components
Ronix
Posted 8/31/2012 10:03 AM (#581898 - in reply to #581889)

Ill add too that its a great crankbait rod as well. just got in from trying it out with some 9" grandmas and big games and the tip works real well for ripping them
Flo Meister
Posted 8/31/2012 8:30 PM (#581980 - in reply to #581765)

I will say that I do have a collection of rods but would like to put in a good word for Vince. I got to use my 8'6" XH Rod and have to say that I did enjoy it very much. Was using it with Dbl Cowgirls most of the time and did not struggle with repeated figure 8's. Tip action was great in the cast and the 8's as mentioned. Worth buying I'd say.
fishblood
Posted 8/31/2012 8:40 PM (#581981 - in reply to #581765)
Subject: RE: Migizi Rods

So which of the Migizi rods would be best suited for Pounders and Monster Dussa's?
Vince Weirick
Posted 9/1/2012 6:51 AM (#582020 - in reply to #581765)

Wow...thanks everyone for the comments! Sam, I may have to hire you to write some content for my website lol.

Fishblood...what length rod do you like throwing? You can throw pounders with the XH in 8', 8'5", 9', 9'3" (sale is still on and only have 2 left) and 9'6". The tip will load but has plenty of backbone. If you are wanting something stiffer, I can make that too.

Again, thanks to all who commented and I welcome any comments good or bad.
sworrall
Posted 9/1/2012 12:05 PM (#582048 - in reply to #581765)

Very nice custom sticks. Vince can pretty much meet whatever needs you might have.
Jerry Newman
Posted 9/7/2012 10:36 AM (#583109 - in reply to #582048)

I  purchased the 9'3" earlier this year and have been impressed with the quality and overall performance so far.