Delaney
BMuskyX
Posted 8/9/2012 10:06 PM (#577191)
Subject: Delaney

My buddy and I are heading to Delaney lake lodge next week. We'll be fishing Delaney Lake as well as the English River system. Any of you guys know anything about either?

Thanks,
Jaimy
Ryan Marlowe
Posted 8/12/2012 4:36 PM (#577637 - in reply to #577191)
Subject: RE: Delaney

Not many fish but when u do catch em there large for some reason. I could not explain the lack of fish!
Mike Wallace
Posted 8/13/2012 5:58 PM (#577876 - in reply to #577191)
Subject: Re: Delaney

Jaimy,
That was the first, and only, fly-in I've been to and what a great experience. Food was excellent. My Father In Law goes there every year. Was up there over the 4th and he said the fishing on Delaney was the best they've ever had (bass/pike/trout). River was it's usual. He also said a few big muskies were caught on the river when they were up there. Don't have any details, sorry. My brother in law caught a 52" sturgeon on the river up by the falls while walleye fishing.

I would recommend hiking up to the Muskie Lake portage. I fished it for about 4 hours the one time I got to go and had 9 fish (all sub-40) up on a Jackpot just in the first little bay. It seemed like they were everywhere. When I was there, the guides didn't have much experience, if any, with muskie. When I pulled the clown colored Jackpot out, the guide just shook his head. When we finished, he said he had never seen anyone catch a muskie with a topwater up there, just black and silver bucktail. I'm assuming they have more experience with them now.
BMuskyX
Posted 8/14/2012 2:54 PM (#578058 - in reply to #577191)
Subject: Re: Delaney

Thanks, I hope the trip lives up to expectations as this is our first ever fly-in too. Ryan, when you say not many fish, did you mean musky or all species? No matter what happens, I wont be at work and that's a win in my book!

Jaimy