Quantum Linders Edge Split Grip Muskie Rods
muskellunged
Posted 6/6/2012 8:21 PM (#563756)
Subject: Quantum Linders Edge Split Grip Muskie Rods

http://www.quantumfishing.com/products/2356/Lindners-Angling-Edge.aspx

Looking for some positive feedback on this series of economical muskie rods.    I handled one in the local baitshop and thought it was comparable to the St.Croix Muskie Mojo series.

I liked the way it felt in the store, and the price is low, plus there's a $20 rebate.  I'm very satisfied with the Premiers from  St.Croix I've owned, but I'm looking to add an affordable split grip.  I hadn't heard anything about the Quantums, just curious who has used them and what's your opinion thus far?  No warranty that I noticed compared to St.Croix 5 year may be the clincher for me in the end. 

Thanks.

Mike 

fish4musky1
Posted 6/6/2012 10:39 PM (#563785 - in reply to #563756)
Subject: Re: Quantum Linders Edge Split Grip Muskie Rods

I didn't notice any lure weights, might be hard to choose a rod without that.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 6/7/2012 10:50 AM (#563862 - in reply to #563756)

Save the extra money and buy the St. Croix when you can, it'll be well worth it to have that warranty IMO. Plus, it's a St Croix, can't go wrong there.
muskellunged
Posted 6/7/2012 11:20 AM (#563869 - in reply to #563756)

Fish4musky1, Although the website doesn't show ratings, I seem to recall looking at the store at an 8'O MH QUantum model side by side with the Mojo similar model, and both had lure weight ratings. They should include that info on their website, for sure.

TJ, Yeah that's how I'm leaning if I were going to buy a rod soon. St. Croix rods rock. I haven't fished with a split grip yet, and chances are I would either go Mojo or sack up and get a legend tourney. I liked the feel in the store of the Quantum over the similar Mojo, but the difference isn't much, probably just splitting hairs.

I don't think the Quantum Linder Series has been out too long, so maybe no one can give me a review cuz noone has fished it yet? I am more curious than interested in this rod and wondering if anyone has tried it?

Semi-related question: What's the difference between the Mojo and premiers? The Quantum felt more premier"y" (a lil more stout than the mojo?) to me. I like the premiers a lot, but they haven't offered a split grip.
toothycritter88
Posted 6/7/2012 12:34 PM (#563887 - in reply to #563869)

You can buy last year models of the tournament editions on st Croix website for like 230 if they have them left, split grip I'm sure too.
muskellunged
Posted 6/7/2012 1:35 PM (#563902 - in reply to #563756)

I did not know that. . . Thanks Luke
Zib
Posted 6/7/2012 2:04 PM (#563910 - in reply to #563756)
Subject: RE: Quantum Linders Edge Split Grip Muskie Rods

Personally I stay away from anything that has the name "Quantum" on it because of bad experiences with their products. Like others have said, go with the St. Croix or TI Rods.
muskellunged
Posted 6/7/2012 2:38 PM (#563918 - in reply to #563756)

I don't really have much desire to buy a st.croix mojo. If I buy a st. croix, it's premier or better. Not that I think the Quantum is on the level of the premier, but when handling both, the quantum seemed like a nicer stick than the mojo, warranty and reputation excluded of course.

I'm not purchasing until late summer/early fall, so if anyone gets to actually fish with a Quantum in the meantime, please chime in and let us know what you think. I do not want to purchase a Mojo, instead I will likely get one of those fancy blue Saint Croixs.
Muskyfisher
Posted 6/7/2012 4:16 PM (#563932 - in reply to #563756)

I have the 7 10 mh and it works great for small jerks and top water wouldnt throw anything big with it. I even used it for sturgeon this spring on the rainy river it held up fine caught a 60 and a half on it. it does have kinda a soft tip.
muskellunged
Posted 6/7/2012 5:56 PM (#563949 - in reply to #563756)

Thanks Coty. It's good to hear it has handled some fish for ya!
toothycritter88
Posted 6/8/2012 6:02 AM (#564004 - in reply to #563756)

Mike here you go bud.

http://www.stcroixrods.com/shop/catalog/Freshwater-23-1.html

the 8'6" is $231 its near the bottom.
riverratlurecompany
Posted 3/28/2014 10:01 PM (#702978 - in reply to #563756)
Subject: RE: Quantum Linders Edge Split Grip Muskie Rods

i know this is an old post but ive been using a quantum angling edge 8'6 hvy rod for the last 3 seasons and it is the best rod ive used for the money..way better than a mojo and more comparable to a premier.as far as warranty goes they are warrantied for life....my g/f hooked my rod while casting a topwater and cracked the blank pretty bad.....i caught 3 fish on it,including the giant in my profile pic, before it snapped on the 4th.....called quantum and they said they all carry lifetime warranties and all i had to do was send it to them in oklahoma....had a new rod in a week....great rod and even better customer service.....cant wait to get my exo 300 in the mail next week! wish i could find another angling edge rod to put it on but they are non-existent.
sworrall
Posted 3/28/2014 10:06 PM (#702979 - in reply to #563756)

How are they 'way better than a Mojo'? I have fished both. I think Reeds may have the Angling edge rods in stock.
EsoxAddiction
Posted 3/28/2014 10:21 PM (#702983 - in reply to #563756)

Gander in deforest, wi had some late last season. Alot of them.