Guide Boats Needed
steve kroll
Posted 5/3/2012 9:22 PM (#557769)
Subject: Guide Boats Needed

On Saturday, June 16, the Fox River Valley Chapter of Muskies Inc will be working with a group, One Hope United, to take 30 boys on a half day fishing outing on Deep Lake in Libertyville, Illinois. These boys come from troubled homes and for many this is one of the few acts of kindness they experience. It is a peronally rewarding experience.

We are looking for 15 guide boats and possible some shoreline instructors. The event starts at 9 AM and fishing ends at noon. A cookout follows and the event ends between 2-3 PM. If you are interested in helping out or know someone else , you can reach me via email at [email protected] or by phone at (773) 282-8749.

It is a chance to give back to the community and let these kids knmow that somone cares.

Thanks,

Steve Kroll
Mikes Extreme
Posted 5/4/2012 1:50 AM (#557794 - in reply to #557769)
Subject: RE: Guide Boats Needed

Anyone thinking about doing this should. Myself and a bunch of local guides donate our boats and time with Big Brothers/Big Sisters to get kids out on the water every year with our club Milwaukee Muskies Inc. The feeling you will get when you get done is overwhelming. The kids, the big bros and sisters will be so appreciative it will warm your heart.

Give someone a few hours in your boat and share what we take for granted. Take a kid fishing and share the outdoors with someone who has never got that chance. You will be happy you did.
ToddM
Posted 5/4/2012 11:41 AM (#557874 - in reply to #557769)
Subject: Re: Guide Boats Needed

I did this last year. This year i have a conflict with the date. It was unbelievably rewarding. I took two kids and a counselor and we had a blast. The two kids caught 89 bluegills. We had a nice cookout and the kids could not have been more apreciative.