Fun practical fishing jokes
Herb_b
Posted 5/2/2012 10:33 PM (#557539)
Subject: Fun practical fishing jokes

All this serious talk has led me to think of more enjoyable things. What are some fun practical jokes to pull while fishing?

My favorite one is putting fake dog poop in various places - like on docks, boat decks, and even in a tackle box. It can be especially fun at public landings when there are dogs running around.

Anyone else have a favorite practical joke to share?

Edited by Herb_b 5/2/2012 10:35 PM
rich
Posted 5/2/2012 11:55 PM (#557550 - in reply to #557539)
Subject: RE: Fun practical fishing jokes

Took a friends top water rod, pulled out 30 feet of line, cut it and reeled in the tag ends. He had no idea it was cut. He is one who loves to cast as far and as hard as he can. It was priceless to see the Weagle whip off the end of the rod and continue to sail out to open water with no line going through the rod. All I hear is AWE!1 WTF!! I practically fell overboard from laughing so hard.
Fish and Whistle
Posted 5/3/2012 12:01 AM (#557551 - in reply to #557539)
Subject: Re: Fun practical fishing jokes

We have hooked various things to guys tip ups when ice fishing when they are not looking. "Look dude, You got a flag!" The two best ones were a fake hand and a real black tip reef shark approx 3 foot long (I used to import saltwater fish and coral and got a shark shipment that got held up in customs. Needless to say sharks don't live long in a box...thanks F&W for stamping the wrong paper. Anyway, I froze the shark with the intention of having it mounted, but I decided it would be more fun to make a buddy think he caught a reef shark.... in an IL lake....in February. We hooked it up and then spooled out his tip up. He kept saying it feels big, but it ain't fighting much. The look on his face was priceless when the head came up through the hole. Fake hand was a real funny reaction too.

Edited by Fish and Whistle 5/3/2012 12:03 AM
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 5/3/2012 1:04 AM (#557553 - in reply to #557539)

My crew has frequent on the water rendezvous throughout the day to share info and adult beverages both tall and short. A good friend found increasing pleasure with each time he leaned over into my boat and tipped over my home made muskie box (vinyl down spouts-no lid) and dumping 50+ baits to the floor of my boat, I let it go after 2 as he continued to 4x's. I decided I will find the right time place and tactic to exact my revenge. My friend, lets call him Jerry , had set his plano musky box on the pier next to his boat while he went in for a beverage and bite. Looking out of our cabin door at the box......it hit me. I made it to the pier, opened the lid of his box and proceeded to fill each tube, 55 +/- lures still in place, with sand from the nearby beach. Filled to the brim with sand. I thought I was ok with that but something wasnt right about it. It still needed something.............water. Yup. Lake water poured into the sand in the plano box until the water was also brimming. You know, to make it extra sticky and as if the sand wasnt heavy enough, extra weight. Close and latch the lid. Rinse overflow sand from the sides of the box and pier. and then wait for the magic moment to arrive. Jerry then comes back after his lunch, intent on quickly getting back on the water, marches down to the pier, leans over to snatch up his box before stepping on to his skiff and he nearly dislocates his shoulder as his plano box now wieghed upwards of 50lbs. First a look of shock, like "WTF?". He then bends over. Unlatches the lid. Opens it and the look of disgust was priceless. He then sees the water soaked sand and realizes Ive settled the score. Touche my friend!!! He then tips over HIS OWN box on the pier to find all of the lures were in fact hidden in the sand. he came walking in from the pier defeated. Grabbed one more beer, went back to his box of sandy baits and began cleaning up. Me.......quickly back on the water after stepping over the dune of muskie baits and off to chuck and wind. My motto, turnabout is fair play.

Edited by KARLOUTDOORS 5/3/2012 1:09 AM
MuskieMark01
Posted 5/3/2012 3:00 AM (#557554 - in reply to #557539)

Me and my friends tie strings to the rod holders of anybody who's new to catfishing with us and give them the occasional tug while we're all sitting around the fire (we fish with bells on the pole). After a few beers, the reactions start to get pretty priceless to all the fish that are "biting so good" when none are being caught.

And Fish and Whistle... The reef shark gag might be the best one I've ever heard of.
BSG
Posted 5/3/2012 4:19 AM (#557556 - in reply to #557554)

This is a sequence of videos of myself (shadowgrass camo hat) and my buddies up at lake of the woods. Long story short, my buddy reels up a fish(snowcamo hat), it gets caught in my other buddies (red sweatshirt) line. He has no idea that his line is in my other buddys hand, turned on the camera. Boom, the rest is history. At one point in time there was literally 4 wraps of line left on his reel. Pretty hilarious stuff right there. Enjoy guys. It still brings tears to my eyes every time I watch.
dfkiii
Posted 5/3/2012 9:35 AM (#557601 - in reply to #557539)

Brutal, yet hilarious !
jonnysled
Posted 5/3/2012 9:36 AM (#557604 - in reply to #557539)

when your fishing partner is reeling in a double ten ... just reach up and tap the butt-end of their rod, watch and have a good laugh.
vegas492
Posted 5/3/2012 9:40 AM (#557605 - in reply to #557539)

Ripping out a little sucker clicker line when the partner isn't watching is always a good laugh.

I've also found that good fart followed by a little trolling motor juice livens up the back of the boat quite a bit.

Edited by vegas492 5/3/2012 9:41 AM
Almost-B-Good
Posted 5/3/2012 10:00 AM (#557614 - in reply to #557539)

We are dead serious out in the boat, except for most of the time. My favorite is when we are trolling and I see my partners nodding off cradling their rods, to make a slow turn so one of their lines slides across the back to where I'm sitting. If you grab the line and give it a wicked jerk it is supprising how fast they wake up. Works both ways too that's the best part. I've been the jerkee as often as the administrator of the faux hit and it's just as funny when I come out of my trolling induced stupor like a disoriented maniac.

Edited by Almost-B-Good 5/3/2012 10:02 AM
esoxaddict
Posted 5/3/2012 10:07 AM (#557616 - in reply to #557539)

If you've ever had anyone pull Sled's trick? Holy crap does it feel like a fish!
lpeitso
Posted 5/3/2012 10:34 AM (#557619 - in reply to #557539)

Actually going off good's post. If your partner is truely nodding off, and you have a plastic cup in the boat. Pull up their line, and attach a cup or small bucket to their line, and put it back in the water. Plenty of weight to make them think they have a fish.
happy hooker
Posted 5/3/2012 4:14 PM (#557704 - in reply to #557539)

Gman

Road trip to Czechoslovakia??? I know where I can borrow an urban assault vehicle
and 'THATS THE FACT JACK"
happy hooker
Posted 5/3/2012 4:21 PM (#557706 - in reply to #557704)

Actually its not fishing but,,if your pheasant hunting and get one cut the head off where it meets the body mount it on a thin stick so it sticks up above the roadside grass it looks like a rooster coming to get gravel
'youll see the road hunters now" the brakes get hit and there good for "two sometimes 3 shots" trying to figure out if their that bad of a shot and how come he never flew when you missed.
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 5/3/2012 5:42 PM (#557712 - in reply to #557539)

I'ld love to have the EM50 as a tow vehicle.

Barnike? Barnike? He owes me money!
esoxaddict
Posted 5/3/2012 7:43 PM (#557742 - in reply to #557539)

Where the F is my truck?!
Ranger
Posted 5/3/2012 7:48 PM (#557744 - in reply to #557539)

Remove the hitch pin from the trailer while the dude is still out on the water. Makes the trailer seperate from the truck when the guy goes to pull the boat out of the drink and up the landing. Unexpected performance testing on the chains.

Now, I don't have many friends but I still think this is a great major goof.

Ha ha, don't try to be nice to me it won't help.
jdsplasher
Posted 5/3/2012 8:17 PM (#557755 - in reply to #557744)

Near the end of our early years bass tourneys, several boats got their giant sling shot water balloon launchers, and had water balloon fights from 200-300 feet away from each other. Balloons falling from the sky???  Hilarious!!!  Just fill your  balloons with the live well pumps!!!

Edited by jdsplasher 5/3/2012 8:25 PM
TForcier
Posted 5/3/2012 9:53 PM (#557783 - in reply to #557755)

When your fishing with your buddy and he's taking a pee, bark out…got one, get the net. Watch him react, he ends up peeing all over himself trying to get the net.
BNelson
Posted 5/4/2012 9:33 AM (#557833 - in reply to #557539)

Sled learned that trick from me the hard way....ahahahaha

Sled, to this day one of the funniest things ever was when I did that "push the rod butt trick" to you while fishing in MN in Kevins boat.... you exclaiming " OH OH OH I couldn't even move her! Did you guys see that! I couldn't even move her!!!!!!" I about pee'd my pants....

Edited by BNelson 5/4/2012 9:34 AM
jonnysled
Posted 5/4/2012 9:48 AM (#557838 - in reply to #557833)

that fish was HUGE!!
lhprop1
Posted 5/4/2012 11:41 AM (#557875 - in reply to #557539)

tipups + bb gun = tons of fun watching your friends and neighbors go chasing false flags all afternoon
Jeremy
Posted 5/4/2012 12:29 PM (#557896 - in reply to #557550)

rich - 5/2/2012 11:55 PM

Took a friends top water rod, pulled out 30 feet of line, cut it and reeled in the tag ends. He had no idea it was cut. He is one who loves to cast as far and as hard as he can. It was priceless to see the Weagle whip off the end of the rod and continue to sail out to open water with no line going through the rod. All I hear is AWE!1 WTF!! I practically fell overboard from laughing so hard.

Awwww, that's just plain azzed mean ---- but I'm gonna remember it.

I have two college kids that go out with me on Vermilion every summer. I'm gonna have some fun! Thing is, they pay back!!! *G*

Jeremy.
T-Bone
Posted 5/4/2012 12:47 PM (#557900 - in reply to #557896)

A few years ago I had a few of buddies out to the fish house. We put a few tip-ups out,drank a few beers , played some Euchre , got a bit tippy.

While my buddy went out to drain the vein we dropped a few shiners into the deep pockets of his army cold weather trench coat. Three days later he called me and tells me that his wife chewed his arse for hanging his stinky old trench coat in the coat closet. As it turns out she was going to wash it and reached into the pockets....oops!!
Mak51
Posted 5/4/2012 5:06 PM (#557920 - in reply to #557539)

The "hit the rod butt joke" is awesome, especially when your buddy is 100% convinced it was a fish and starts arguing that he had a hit.

Mak51
Posted 5/4/2012 5:12 PM (#557922 - in reply to #557920)

Some simple ones to get your boat partners worked up:

- Do the stomp... simply stomp your foot and pretend to set the hook. Works great when things have been slow or it's 1am in the morning and everyone is tired.

- Thrashing your rod in the water when you go into the figure-8.

- Ripping your topwater when night fishing.

Edited by Mak51 5/4/2012 5:13 PM
esoxaddict
Posted 5/4/2012 6:18 PM (#557926 - in reply to #557539)

Here's a fun one for a slow day. Look over at your buddy when he's reeling in his bait and say "There's one!... Oh, oh... he swiped at it, keep going!" and see how long you can keep him doing figure 8's. "Oh, it's still there! Keep going!"

I always liked setting the hook or doing a frantic figure 8 on an imaginary fish, too. "fish?" "nah, just making sure you were paying attention..."

Or looking at your buddy and saying "there's one, you got one going!" and seeing how many figure 8's you can make him do before he realizes you didn't see anything either.

jonnysled
Posted 5/4/2012 7:07 PM (#557935 - in reply to #557920)

Mak51 - 5/4/2012 5:06 PM

The "hit the rod butt joke" is awesome, especially when your buddy is 100% convinced it was a fish and starts arguing that he had a hit.

that would be me /: