Slammer Drop Belly Gliders
mm3
Posted 4/14/2012 7:14 AM (#553012)
Subject: Slammer Drop Belly Gliders

I seem to have problems keeping the Slammer Drop Belly from turning on its side when I glide it side to side using short taps. Unless I use really well timed slow and short light taps it turns in its side. Anyone else have this problem, or do you just just use it like that. Other Gliders I use (Phantom, Hellhound, Cobbs) stay upright and seem more forgiving with regard tight or wide swings.

I use a Bagley B-flat and that does turn on its side. However, I fish that almost like a dive and rise or twitch in place with it turning on its side to give it flash. I think the Bagley was designed for that as opposed for a true side to side glider.

Any thoughts?
jdsplasher
Posted 4/14/2012 5:29 PM (#553088 - in reply to #553012)
Subject: RE: Slammer Drop Belly Gliders

Try contacting Bill Schwartz at slammer tackle and ask him what the lure is supposed to do.

I would think the bait tilting on its side would give the musky a better profile of the lure and maybe trigger more musky. Besides, why would you want the lure to do what all your other gliders are doing?

Bill S
Posted 4/15/2012 9:19 AM (#553183 - in reply to #553012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkt2GCeOeZ4

Short snaps with the rod tip. I like using a longer rod with a soft tip, a 9'3" MH TB Preditor works great! A Steath floro or single wire leader works best but remove the swivle and tie your line right to the loop of the leader.

Hope this helps
mm3
Posted 4/15/2012 9:43 AM (#553186 - in reply to #553183)

Thanks! The video definitely helps. I think I work them too fast. I'm going to try to work them more like they were working them in the video; slow, with short snaps and pauses. Maybe they "flip out" at higher speeds/longer pulls?

I have one that is silver with foil and glitter that looks fantastic and I know they are well built. So, I'm definitley going to keep trying it.
muskie24/7
Posted 4/15/2012 7:51 PM (#553317 - in reply to #553186)

I love the idea of it laying on its side! If you already have a box full of gliders that don't do that, then you just added a brand new tool to your arsenal!

Brian